guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Picked this up for a song from someone who won it in a frag swap raffle. It was filled for a day. Starphire on 3 sides (was considering replacing the frosted back pane with starphire. maybe later). This tank is my interim upgrade. I will be getting the Elos Midi for the other side of the living room by the end of the year.

It's really a 26 gallon. It's named Unico 56 is because it's 56 centimeters across the front. The stand is painted in Glasurit FER 300/12, the same paint used on the Ferrari F40. (fitting that the company is based in Modena, not too far from where Ferrari was founded) I was going to repaint the stand in white but figured I might regret it later so I just repainted the scratches. The stand is HEAVY!

The main thing that intrigued me with this setup was the fully adjustable rgb led setup. This light comes with a little computer where you can adjust the rgb bulbs to show any % of red green or blue. I don't have any corals in the tank yet but i think this is probably not very useful for reefing. I know very little about the color spectrum in regards to reefing but this light is probably more a gimmick for what I'm using it for.

Didn't come with a sump or much plumbing other than 2 funny looking bulkheads so had to build one, with the help of the awesome guys at Coral Theory. Thanks! The sump area is tiny, at only 19" wide by 10" deep so I have to make the most of my space.

More pics to come as this progresses but while I look for rock I figure I'd post what I have so far.

2exrd4n.jpg
overflow
k0ngvr.jpg

ad2alc.jpg

eiupl2.jpg

Sump with door off.
11k82fd.jpg

Stuck some rock in while I find some nice rock pieces. Trying to do a bonsai aquascape. This might take months.
2wd6pnl.jpg

This is called the Orbital LED. Don't ask me why.
16iv78n.jpg

The icons don't make a whole lot of sense and there are lots of submenus so I'm finding new controls as I go along.
261cc5v.jpg

Heatsinks just hang in the air where the glass cutout is. Everything is beveled and perfect. You can tell a lot of work went into these systems.
2924nt2.jpg

Last edited:

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Not sure Perry. I think I'm done with SPS. Too much work for fuzzy sticks. If you wanna come by Saturday I have some Garfs and other nice acro that's starting to die. The riding has been taking precedence over the tanks.

Yeah Ron, it's all setup. Even the ato. Water level is low bc some dolt told me I needed to cut the drain pipe lower...

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
added pics.

Even though it's only 6 gallons more than my Mini, that's 30%. Just wait til I go big time, 36 gallons hehe.
nice i like the upgrade

You know my house is always open to you guys.
Nice Arthur!!!!
keep those pics going!!!!!!!
cant wait to see in person

Definitely. I'm staying away from that red for sure lol. If I ever want to turn this into a planted tank I'll have some nice options.
Looks too good to keep empty... I'm with you on the RGB fixtures. They're a great way to really mess up your corals.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: