PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Here are some more pics of the end of the storm.

DSCN2593.jpg

DSCN2596.jpg

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Another week of waiting and now the water is crystal cleaar. Isn't it amazing the transformation? I still don't understand how it happens. While I was waiting I took time to fill the sump and activate the pumps. I of course did a test prior to mixing the salt and adding the sand. I had a few leaks that just required a bit of tightening up at a joint. After all that was done I was pretty much set to go. I did, however, make a plumbing change during the wet test. I mentioned earlier that I had to get rid of one of my pumps because it created too much flow. Well before I made the modification I had a seperate pump dedicated to the chiller. After nearly flooding my apartment I decided that it was too much flow and I just eliminated it all togetheir. I remedied the problem by spliting my main return pump 2 ways. One going to the chiller and the other returning into 4 locklines directly into the system. Again, hine sight is 20/20. I should have incorporated a closed loop from the beginning but I guess it was a little too late and I had come to far to take it all apart again. So maybe next time!
DSCN2609.jpg

DSCN2604.jpg

DSCN2608.jpg

DSCN2606.jpg

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I tried to place the canopy on the top of the tank by myself which proved to be a very bad idea. What was I thinking?!? After nearly killing myself I decided to wait and enlist another group of friends to help. The canopy is made of solid wood and is extremly heavy. I took 4 guys to lift it on top of the tank and gently place it down. I owe my friends dinner for the next month! If you notice the tank extends past the wall approx 6 or 7 inches. I really thought long and hard on where to place it when I moved and decided that this was the best spot. The wall to the left of the system houses the apartments circuit breakers. I have a dedicated 20 amp breaker for all of the tanks equipment with the exception of the chiller. No need to run wires all over the house anymore like my previous setup.

DSCN2611.jpg

DSCN2615.jpg

DSCN2613.jpg

DSCN2619.jpg

DSCN2617.jpg

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Lights on! This is my first experience with MH lighting and I must say it is quite a diffrence! The color and effect is unbelivable. I can't believe I didn't do this earlier.

DSCN2622.jpg

DSCN2628.jpg

DSCN2631.jpg

DSCN2632.jpg

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks for all the comments. I really appreciate the positive feedback. Feel free to drop in some suggestions as well. Hey Jungle.. I cost be a few clams but I did my shopping and tried to hit the sales the best I could. I also purchased a ton of things used from the wonderful folks here as well as RC. I did throw around the idea, Chief, but not sure how I would blend it in exactly. I still have so much more to do its never ending! I guess thats why this hobby is so enjoyable!

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
In my set up process I ran into some misfortune. I had my LR and some corals in tuperware containers after the move. Right before leaving for work one day I noticed that one of the containers needed some top off water so I ran the RODI tube directly into the container and turned it on. Well one thing led to another and I left the house with the water running. 9 hours later I came home to a flood and lost all the corals and fish in that container. I felt so bad because its not like they got sick and died but rather it was my own carelessness.:headache: I lost a hippo tank, green mandarin, maroon clown mated pair, a large cluster of candy cane coral, a pink plate coral, 2 damsels, and who knows what else. Needless to say I was fairly upset cleaning up the mess and tossing the fish carcass some of which I've had for 6 plus years. Fortunatly I was able to hook up with people like Reefoman, SlamaJama, and so many more who helped me to restock my tank. So there is a happy ending after all. :flower:

DSC00262.jpg

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Fish:

1 Blue Damsels
2 Bangai Cardinal
2 Green/ Blue Chromis
2 Tank Bred O. Clowns
1 Kole Tang
1 Lawn Mower Blenny
1 Royal Gramma

Most of my fish are small. I kind of like the fact that they have all this room to swim in and can dissappear from one another if they choose.

Corals:

Candy Cane Coral
Bubble Coral
Multiple cononies of zoos (diffrent colors)
Purple digita
Orange Cap
Singularia Colony
Large Gloden Brown Leather
Green Hairy Mushroom Colony
3 unknown SPS colonies
Gorgonia Colony

Inverts etc:
1 CBS
1 Cleaner Shrip
200 Nasarius Snails
10 Blue leg hermit crabs
10 Scarlet hermit craps
1 Blue Linkia Star Fish

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The tank has been stocked for maybe a month now and there is plenty of room for everything to grow into. Because my LR was not under lighting for so long most of the coraline has receeded but I am hoping that with time it will start to come back. I am battling a slight hair algae problem at this time but I think the lawnmower blenny and the kole tang are starting to pick away at it.

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
You can pick away Tay! I maynot have the answer though. I am by far an expert but I can help you with the PVC stuff. I have plenty left over and you are more than welcome to it. The PVC cement is awesome dude!! :flower:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: