turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im so following this thread... this is a dream build of mines in the far far future.. lol looking to learn alot on this build to prepare me in the future.. good journey on this build and congrats on the addition to your family (child first then tank) :)

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant my congratulations in that order child then tank .. Lol i automatically assume your priorities are in that order i just wanted to express my happiness for you in that order as well.. So whats up where did you get that rock and when do you think your gonna start curing it? Im about to order some rock from bulk reef for a 120 build but havent done it yet.. Have you decided on lights?

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also how soon are you looking to building your sump? I might be able to give you my 75 for a sump but thatll be in about a month when i do my transfer to a 90.. The middle brace is broken but its still has the rim.. Its Held well for a year which is why i needed to do the 90 swap but havent gotten to it due to confusion on what to do.. Plan on moving and was leery on doing the 120 after i bought it..
qy8amu7e.jpg
a4y2ahab.jpg

FocusReefing

Just a podcaster from Queens
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I meant my congratulations in that order child then tank .. Lol i automatically assume your priorities are in that order i just wanted to express my happiness for you in that order as well.. So whats up where did you get that rock and when do you think your gonna start curing it? Im about to order some rock from bulk reef for a 120 build but havent done it yet.. Have you decided on lights?

Ha ha thank you. My priorities are in that order... most of the time. Lol. The rock is a mix of Bulk reef supply reef saver rock, and some formerly live rock that I got for a good deal from another member here on MR. As for lighting I'm definitely going with Leds. Im looking at Acan lighting's 300 series lights. Also reefbreeders make some nice units. Still not 100% sure yet. Hope to have it cycling sometime before thanksgiving. But we'll see. I actually ended up going with a 75g sump and using my 33g as a refugium.

Last edited:

FocusReefing

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Damn u know i just reread that smh.. I saw that earlier and it left my mind... Lol how long is that tank? Lighting that tank is going to be something serious

Its 72" long bout 30" tall. Yeah lighting is a *****! My plan is to purchase light fixtures slowly. The main area that I plan to focus lighting is about 36" ditectly over most of the rock work where I plan to keep sps. Outside of that area im not too concerned with intense lighting.

FocusReefing

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Had the day off today. Decided to add an algea turf scrubber coming off my refugium. The refugium is plumbed off the return manifold and the drains back into the sump. So I installed the scrubber to the refugium drain.

20131105_205402.jpg

20131105_205424.jpg

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice!! like how you have that turf scrubber set up.. and as far as the lights go i think that might look good.. it'll give lower light around for frags that don't require that much light for the mean time maybe a real nice polyp garden :)? i love polyps there like a garden of multicolored flowers.. lol are you doing a canopy?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: