Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Well I lost my male anthias in QT it looks like, I think there was an issue with the salt I used to do my water change with because right after the tank was very cloudy/milky white. Blah!

I moved the remaining 2 anthias to my DT, hopefully whatever got the male I wasn't too late and they are okay.

I hate this hobby sometimes

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So nothing much to update on the tank really. I had 3 anthias in QT, 1 of them didn't make it. I think it died due to an issue with a salt mix I did for a water change. Lesson learned!

Right now the other 2 are currently in my display, one of the females is moving towards a male.

My buddy Steve found a trio of females on Diver's Den, so I picked them up today :). The beauties will be here on Saturday, making for a total of 5 Maldives Anthias.

Maldives Lyretail Anthias (Female Trio)
_cfimg-1198209356775962928.PNG

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I picked up Sea and Reef clownfish today, 2 pairs of picasso clownfish grade a, 2 snow onyx, and a phantom clownfish. In addition two black neon dottybacks.

I am going to be setting up a JBJ Led Pro tank in a few days. I plan on having the phantom + maybe a snow onyx or picasso in my 180g. 2 piccasos in my jbj. and maybe a pair in my fuge :shh:

Still up in the air on the fuge ones since I'd be the only one who see them and the tank is packed full of rock and macro.

Oh and I also have 4 anthias in my display now all doing really well!

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Current Stock List:
Maldives Lyretail Anthias (Female)
S & R Phantom Clownfish
S & R Black Neon Dottyback
S & R Black Neon Dottyback

Current Tests for Levels:
PH 8 Salifert
Nitrite 0 Salifert
Nitrate 100 Salifert
Phosphate 0.1 Hanna
Alk 8.568 Hanna
Mag 1440 Salifert
Cal 450 Red Sea

I realize my nitrates are high, plan is to do a 25g water change tomorrow.

Also today I swapped out my gfo & carbon, I am really starting to hate the BRS reactors.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Today I swapped out a pump on my saltwater mixing bin and have salt mixing to do a water change. Hoping a few 25g changes will get my nitrates down to safe levels.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So I was having an issue where my cheato and my red algae kept getting lost in my fuge. To fix this issue I built a chamber out of some plastic mesh to keep them under the led/from floating away.

I am still looking for a replacement LED bulb to cover my 40 breeder with, but cannot seem to find a good one.

LpHD30D.jpg

1vtgazQ.jpg

Uploading a video now of my display as of 9/1/2014

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nice clowns! What are going to be your showcase fishes?

Achilles tang? lol a gem or black tang? or how about the angel that is on the front page right now for ~30k a pair!

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I mean I was thinking the clowns would be showcase fish, but I guess not now.

No achilles, no gem or black or $30k angels thank you very much.

I plan on doing next: flame angel, midas blenny, goby.

Once those 3 are out of QT then a few wrasses.

Once that is done probably a mandarin.

One that is done probably tangs: powder blue, hippo, naso.

I'm a simple man!

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nice. I guess everyone has close to the same list.

Black Ice
Flame angel
Midas
Sixline
and a Yellow.

I am trying to start my phyto culture and pod population now. I am aiming for a mandarin once I have a full 20g of pods.

Let me know if you need some more chaeto.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I have a pair of picassos in my fuge too and snow onyx. snow onx pair going in my jbj

come get one of my filter socks my tank is packed with those bastids. I had them crawl on my hand before when I changed the sock out! DISGUSTING

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Added maxspect gyre on my overflow to replace my WP60, this thing is really great. Still tweaking the angle of flow and power settings, but overall very impressed with it.

77KaPBil.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Just ordered a powder blue tang and hippo tang from diver's den :x should be here Thursday.... first fish I'm adding since 08/23/2014

They will be placed in my 55g QT to get them eating/adjusted and I'll observe them for a minimum 2 weeks before moving to my display.

I plan on only treating if necessary, if I treat I picked up the new life spectrum ick shield powder and I have prazi-pro.

I have good experiences with diver's den and don't foresee there being any issues. Fingers crossed as these are 2 fish that I absolutely love!

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
sorry man, it was kind of spontaneous, if you want anything I can have them included it in the shipping, I qualified for free shipping. lmk Ill call in morning

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
well I just got home and found my powder blue dead in my QT and my hippo is laying on its side. idk if it was due to the cold or what, but I'm really pissed!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: