Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
looks like im battling a case of marine velvet in my display as I lost pretty much all my fish.

Only remaining as of today are my yellow tang and melanrus wrasse.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I got my 20 gallon ato container in place, originally I was going to keep it under the fuge stand, but to access the pump/tank itself was a pita.

I also started on my wiring center, since all my fish died I have only the return & heaters going at this time. Once I add back on my WP60 and other powerheads I'll add more wires etc.

I have a jebao DC12000 on order, plan is to build a manifold to run my reactors, the fuge, my return, and whatever else I think of.

4Iz2wbG.jpg

ALn1B5S.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Keep it coming, sorry to hear about the losses.
tagging along on this one.

Thanks, yeah it stinks, but what can you do. Live and Learn I guess.

The pump should be here this week and my friend Steve is going to help me with the plumbing the weekend of the 9th.

I plan on rescaping the whole tank and basically starting over fresh.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I placed an order for 50 lbs of Reef Cleaner's rock on Sunday.

I requested larger pieces for my 180 gallon tank.

Here are a few pictures of the rocks and then I just threw some of them on top of one another to get an idea for scaping.

Keep in mind these little random scapes took all of 5 minutes to make and play with. I plan on drilling the rocks and making it stable :).

Rocks 1:
ZABpVS7.jpg

Rocks 2:
SwrMTU8.jpg

Rocks 3:
uhDcERz.jpg

Rocks 4:
4z2QlqQ.jpg

Random Scapes:

YrjBHkC.jpg

5B7WAES.jpg

I think I'm going to do a pillar and arch like I have, but will keep playing around to get ideas. Now to find a big drill bit :X

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Pillar:

It is about 21/22" tall, I drilled 1/2" holes down center and used 1/2" pvc to keep it straight. I need to add some JB weld or something though because the top rocks do wobble a bit with my WP60 on max :>

8An1rqi.jpg

Water is still clearing up and I just washed/readded my sand, but this gives you an idea of how it looks in the tank.

992TRHL.jpg

Z2aQFV0.jpg

fafU5x3.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Today I spent an embarassing amount of time in lowes, but thankfully I went with a diagram and well from the diagram my manifold came to life.

aYN28Ln.jpg

5 ports w/ 1/2" barb and then one port w/ 3/4" barb to my display.

I went from 1.5" to 1" then to 1" Tees that go down to 1/2" outlets.

I calculated with the 1" Tees that it will be plenty of flow to my 2 reactors, fuge, and display for my 3000 gph pump.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I know, too many tolls and the gas is a killer. One of these days youll buck up and take the ride

Last time I checked there aren't any tolls from here to your house and the distance is 5 miles max.

Maybeee if someone inviteddd meee overrr to say HI, I might just swing by for a quick beer.

BTW be careful with all the crap rolling out of Newark, it is spreading to Kearny and only a matter of time it moves up. I'm dealing with a bunch of carjackings this past week it sucks.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Well got the manifold built and all connected. Once my RO is finished being made I'll test all of it for leaks :x.

Thanks to Steve 9supra for all his help!

All that is left to do is:

1. finish making RO
2. check plumbing for leaks
3. get all equipment connected/wired
4. add salt
5. cycle

6eaGqnW.jpg

QkcPFyL.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I need to finish making up water to get my fuge filled then I can turn everything on and begin my cycle :).

I also need to connect the reactors, but I figure they'll be the last thing I do.

<iframe class="imgur-album" src="http://imgur.com/a/t0BTy/embed" frameborder="0" height="550" width="100%"></iframe>

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Tank is filled with salt and now the cycle begins.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/flFzXzAonxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
tank is cycling, going to be that way for awhile.

last night my mom fell down the stairs to our basement, she has a compound fracture of her left ankle. she had surgery last night and is in recovery now, should be home tomorrow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: