Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Purchased a water mixing station off reefcentral, thanks Edwardw771 for linking me it!

I had to modify it a bit as the original person had 2 x 2x4s on his wall that acted as a rest. I added the 2 rear legs, leveled it and then also mounted it to the concrete wall.

I love that this will save space and make doing changes even easier since the pump is hardplumbed and with the union I have a few different attachments I can use for when I'm mixing water or doing the water changes.

I also plumbed my water change drain today as well.

Mom is getting better by the day, today we got her out of the bedroom and back into the living room aka her sanctuary. It is going to be a long slow recovery, but she'll hopefully be fine.

Anywhere here are some pics:

SMxvdxB.jpg

RqwTgNa.jpg

xT1qt0h.jpg

tk0QWIo.jpg

7mO7pXJ.jpg

ACOTfQX.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Just ran some tests on the tank to see how it is coming along with the cycle.

PH - 8.2
Salifert ammonia - <.25
API Ammonia - 0
API Nitrites - 0
API Nitrates - 5
Salinity - 1.025

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
no updates on the tank, been letting it cycle. In 2 weeks I plan on ordering my CUC from reefcleaners and taking it super slow.

I think when I order my CUC I might grab a trio of anthias to put in my QT :x.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Well things are progressing nicely.

I have my CUC coming in from reeftopia tomorrow and also some dragon breath algae.

In addition I just picked up 3 fish from diver's den to go in my QT :). These will be the first 3 fish in my 180g since the rebuild. To say I am excited is an understatement

_cfimg2304584753573236621.PNG

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I have my snails coming from reeftopia tomorrow spent $160 on those, and the trio of anthias that is it for now.

Plan is to keep the anthias in QT to observe for a bit then move them over to my display after a couple of weeks.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Reeftopia order just came in, few notes:
-
1. shipping - items well packed, included cold pack due to heat & shipped quickly from time I placed my order
2. items - seems like no extras, each snail is counted to the exact number, snails are TINY
3. acclimating now per the instructions, hopefully no casualties

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I got my carbon & gfo reactors online, right now they're just sitting in the sump, so far so good.

My 20g long quarantine is fully operational, made a cover today for it. Anthias will be here tomorrow.

Stocking I came up with this list, I know I have some big beasts on it, but I think with the water volume it will be able to handle the bioload. I am open to suggestions on smaller fish/wrasses as I could not find a ton that tickled my fancy on liveaquaria.

1. Trio Maldives Lyretail Anithas
2. Pair of Clownfish
3. Midas Blenny
4. 5 x Chromis
5. Purple Firefish
6. Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
7. Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse
8. Flame Angel
9. Naso Tang
9. Hippo Tang
9. Powder Blue tang
10. Emperor Angelfish
11. Green Mandarin
Cleaner Shrimp
Blood Shrimp

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
My anthias just got here, unboxed and floating the bags now. I must say Diver's Den's packaging is A+++. UPS on the other hand if it weren't for my dogs I'd never known it was delivered since the jabroni didn't ring the bell!

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Reeftopia, everything seems to be okay except my nassarius snails. I'm going to wait a few and if they aren't moving by Saturday contact reeftopia to see what they recommend.

Anthias I got them acclimated, diver's den keeps salinity at 1.024, I matched my qt to that and slowly used the cup method to acclimate them.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Just reviewing my build thread, I've developed a lot of patience and letting my tank takes it course.

4/25/2014 - all fish gone
5/11/2014 - started cycling tank again
7/02/2014 - purchased anthias from diver's den

anthias in qt since 7/2/2014

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: