Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So on 12/16 I called reef rocks since I still haven't received my rock...

He finally answered and we talked a bit.

He said he was sorry that he didn't respond to emails that his internet was down. He also apologized for the wait, I couldn't really hear him, but he apologized.

After talking he said the rock was done and ready to ship. I told him if that is the case to ship the rock on Friday and that I'd be calling Friday to confirm it shipped. If the rock does not ship Friday then to cancel it completely and refund me completely.

He said he would refund me and also ship the rock so we'll see what happens.

At this point I'd prefer the rock and sand and be done with it, but we'll see.

---
So I finally got him on the phone as mentioned the other day.

Then sent him an e-mail:
"Steven,
This is to confirm our conversation today on the phone that the order for the rock and sand will be shipped out by Friday and a tracking number provided, further that a partial refund will be issued as well.
Again to reiterate we agreed that if the order of rock and sand does not ship by this Friday you will issue a full refund.
Thank you,
Brandon"

today i get:
"Your order will ship today.. It's packed and waiting for pick-up.... As soon as I get more money in paypal I will issue refund.. Steve"

I say "The order being complete with rock and sand. Once its picked up I'd like a tracking number."

He says "
Fed-Ex will send tracking shortly. Stamps.com will send tracking on sand.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Steve Hauble
Reefrocks.net"

SO FINGERS CROSSED I should be getting my rock soon . The moment that comes in I will scape, sand, fill, cycle, DANCE! Although I hope the rock is actually of quality and not just some crap thrown in a box :/.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Also just an FYI to all the members I originally ordered my rock and sand on October 7th I should allegedly have it by this Wednesday December 19.

Now I was patient and waited, but just so everyone knows if you buy with PAYPAL you have only 45 days to make a claim! Anything beyond 45 days you have no recourse through them.

Now also I did an instant bank transfer and paypal advised that since it was through my checking and not my debit card that I really had no recourse through chase.

Basically my only recourse would have been small claims court.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Nice. Any other good skimmers rc? In market for one, i like skimz

I was going to go with a skimz for my tank, but since I found the atb for such a good deal decided to go for it.

I'll keep my eyes out for you though on the for sale forums.

When we setting your tank up :scratchch

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
That's a nice man cave. Well done..

Thank you:)

I just redid my stocking list:

In order of addition - I will buy the fish, QT Them, and then place in the tank. Probably add a new addition once a month or so.

1. Sea & Reef Wyoming White & Phantom Clownfish - mixed pair
2. Hippo Tang (already have)
3. Melanurus Wrasse (already have)
4. Flame Angel
5. 5 x Bicolor or carberryi Anthias (1 male - 4 female)
6. 5 x Blue Chromis
7. Purple Firefish x 2
8. Midas Blenny
9. Chalk Basslet
10. Pink Spot Goby
11.Green Mandarin (after about 7-8 months)
12. Kole Yellow Eye Tang or Yellow Tang
13. Trio Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse
14. Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
15. Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse (maybe not)
16. McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
17. Regal Angelfish or Emperor Angelfish (my mom wants emperor I want regal:)
18. Magnificent Foxface
19. Blonde Naso Tang
20. Powder Blue or whitecheek tang
21. Cleaner Shrimp (have)
22. Blood Shrimp (have)

Any suggestions to remove/add to the list? I don't want the tank to be really aggressive, if the fish can live together in harmony without fighting I'd prefer that.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I got my rock in, but I could really use help rocking my tank since you know its in wall and every time I place something I have to run back around :doh:

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Got my skimmer in it is an ATB 840 v2 :0

ZdDThl.jpg
cWGdsl.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Keep the pics coming Brando

Thanks bud, I'm a bit annoyed. I bought an avast skimmate locker, but given the height of my baffles in my sump, height of the skimmer, and height of the sump itself I can't use it.

As you can see the skimmate locker sits lower than the trim of the sump, the skimmer collection drain sits well below that rim, and well idk.

I am considering putting it inside the sump, but not even sure that'd be worth it.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Lmao you can say that again, I bothered NYreefnoob + mojo + others I'm sure 100s of times.

The skimmer is very sleek though I will admit that, tomorrow I'll build a stand for it to elevate it to 7" water level.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: