Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
How did you add the sand with out any ammonia spikes or did you get some?

My tank wasn't running man, I had the tank empty all ready for the rock. The rock came in like 2 weeks ago and I had that all scaped sitting. Then the sand came in today.

Now I have to wait and fill it with ro/di, mix the salt and let it cycle.

I may kick start the cycle by adding some bacteria or something.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Sand is in, water is in, salt is in, pumps are at full speed ahead!

Now all that is left is to A. cycle B. fix my drain since it is loud as a mofo C. determine what lights to do D. enjoy.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Ask and you shall receive, excuse the poor quality. The photos were taken with my cell phone and for some reason I can never get it to take a decent pic.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/4DOPC/embed"></iframe>

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
It is filled, I added my salt and it is currently mixing, once it hits the proper salinity I will go ahead and throw in some food to start the cycle.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
i would get 2 more lights i am running 4 over my 90 the AI's are great but u need at least 4 for that tank

I will have 3 lights total, I am not doing sps or a full blown reef and my tank is unique in that the first 12" on the left side is the overflow centered on the left pane of glass (peninsula style). Thus total space to light is approximately 60".

IF I do add any corals it will be simple ones like hammers, zoas, and other relatively easy/low light needing corals. I may do a RBTA, but that is to be decided.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: