E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I (finally) filled my tank all the way and added some live stock. Please excuse the mess. I still have to clean up some things, take the heater away, etc.

photo38_zps440607ab.jpg

photo39_zps6b9f8074.jpg

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Oh yeah!!! Simple yet effective, I likes it

Thanks Kris. The rock isn't 100% situated yet. I'm going to use the larger piece on the left as an SPS island (in the same spot it's in noow). The rest of the rocks are going to be situated on the right side and will be a lower plateau for some acans, Zoas, etc.

Thanks for following along everyone.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Thanks man. :D

I'm thinking I might keep the Powermodule for a while. The colors of my corals are great, and I'm getting used to seeing the (slightly) larger fixture over the tank. :scratch:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Thanks man. :D

I'm thinking I might keep the Powermodule for a while. The colors of my corals are great, and I'm getting used to seeing the (slightly) larger fixture over the tank. :scratch:

KEEP THE POWERMODULE!!!

I really want to try an ATI PM over my tank, just can't get rid of my Halide ... (yet!)

Looking good Eric! I would be happy to donate some SPS over to you when you are ready! :)

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
KEEP THE POWERMODULE!!!

I really want to try an ATI PM over my tank, just can't get rid of my Halide ... (yet!)

Looking good Eric! I would be happy to donate some SPS over to you when you are ready! :)

I'm going to try and keep the Powermodule! :lol2: That's the plan for now.

You should give a PM a try! They're great fixtures. Shimmer isn't as good as halides, but I do get some right now. The surface agitation in my tank is pretty significant.

Thanks for the offer on the frags, David! I appreciate it! Hopefully ill get some decent growth in the future and will be able to give some of my frags away also. That's the plan anyway. :D

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I'm trying to figure out a fish stock-list. So far I've been struggling

I'd like to stay away from clown fish this time around. Since my tank will be mostly SPS corals, a fish that will eat AEFW and similar pests would be nice. I'm thinking about a mystery wrasse, a yellow watchman goby, and maybe a cardinal or chromis.

In other news.. The Aquamaxx/JNS line of HOB skimmers have been back ordered by the company for about a month now, with no legitimate estimate as to when they'll be back in the US. ATB no longer sells the Multi-use cone.

Anyone have a skimmer suggestion? I was thinking about the Aquamaxx WS1, especially because it's a drop-in type skimmer.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Well... I received a PM yesterday from John at Affordable Aquatics. I had been asking him about the Aquamaxx HOB skimmer (which has been out of stock all over the country for a few months now). And has a new shipment!!!

So of course I placed the order :D

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I was able to install the Radion fixture today, and I absolutely LOVE IT so far. I hope to remove the ugly brackets and hang the light from my ceiling. The brackets really aren't meant for this application, and they twist and turn too much. Plus, they're UGLY :lol2:

Here's a pic of my tank.. I still need to clean the rock up, place my corals, and hide all the wires, equipment on the side, etc...

photo47_zps57a38ecb.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: