E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Oh nice man,

You found a radion. I love mine. Getting great growth and color on my sps. And it hasn't morphed my acan colonies unlike the sol blue I used to have.

Thanks man. That's good to hear about the acans. I have a bunch of them in my tank and would hate for their colors to morph. How's your tank doing?

I am curious to see how long this Radion lasts over your tank. ;) lol. Looks good Eric. BTW you still over in the same house when I first met you?

:lol2: this Radion is pure awesomesauce. I am completely happy with it. And yep, same place. We've been here two years now. Hopefully we'll be buying this house very soon!

Last edited:

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
So the tank is going pretty well so far. It's mostly just zoas, acans, and some hammers. I'm supposed to get my skimmer (JNS WS-1) on Tuesday. (Finally)

I'm thinking about throwing a Sunpod (either 150 or 250 watt) over the tank. :lol2:
I can't really decide either way. I do like the Radion though.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The coverage from a sunpod sucks. I didn't like it at all on my solana. If you're going to use a halide, use something with a better reflector.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
The coverage from a sunpod sucks. I didn't like it at all on my solana. If you're going to use a halide, use something with a better reflector.

I used a Sunpod on my 30 cube and it was decent. I don't remember the spread (or lack of it) though.

Next step is to setup the doser. I have the litermeter III but have never used a doser before. This should be fun :D

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
The upside-down picture issue is still bugging me. If anyone knows how to fix it , I'd love to hear from them. (again, they were taken correctly, uploaded fine, and are right-side up on my computer. It's just my iPad and iPhone.. I wonder if there's a mobile-issue with photobucket).

Anyway, this weekend I removed the sand and added a piece of blue starboard. I LOVE the look... It makes everything pop. The starboard picks up a white-hue to it when the Radion is on at midday, and slowly turns to blue as the light changes spectrum.

Plus, I don't have to worry about the sand anymore.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Whenever I take pictures with a phone the picture comes up upside down.
Download irfanview and you can use that to edit the picture.
Have to go to image and then rotate right. Then save, upload and your done.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Whenever I take pictures with a phone the picture comes up upside down.
Download irfanview and you can use that to edit the picture.
Have to go to image and then rotate right. Then save, upload and your done.

Thanks for the help Akma. How's the new Elos system treating you?

My JNS WS-1 skimmer arrived today. I haven't setup the skimmer yet, but it looks incredible. It's much larger than I thought it would be (easily 2x - 3x the size of a Tunze 9002). The acrylic is very thick and everything looks well constructed with a high attention to detail. I'm pumped. :D

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Here's the dilema for today. The skimmer will not fit in the second chamber. That leaves me with three options:

1. Cut the overflow plastic out of the 1st chamber and figure out a way to keep the noise levels down.
2. Sell the skimmer and buy the HOB-1 (the hang on back version of this skimmer)
3. Sell the tank :lol2:

I'm 99% sure it will fit in the first chamber once the overflow plastic is removed. I read about one other person doing it, and he said the pieces were pretty easily removed at the silicone joints. I do wonder about how the sound will be without the overflow pad, and how difficult it'd be to ghetto-rig something to stop the noise.

I'd rather not sell the skimmer. I know, yes, I'm part of the E.intheC club, but this skimmer looks amazing. It's hands down no comparison to the Tunze 9002, stock skimmer, Eshoppes, BM's, etc. The only other skimmer that I'd even consider is the HOB-1. But i'd rather not have a skimmer hang off the back of my tank.

No, I'm not selling my tank. :lol2:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
That's gonna be tough to remove. That Channel that holds the sponge goes all the way to the bottom of the plastic wall.
I can't imagine how you could cut that without removing the entire panel to do so.
It won't fit in the middle chamber?
It should be ok with an ato.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: