99   0   0
love this favia

20130702_195054.jpg

nuch

Babe it was on sale!
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
been awhile

I added some frags and corals since my last update. No fish though, I have been itching for a couple wrasses and tangs. I'll get a couple corals pics as soon as I know this pic (below) came out. I've been flirting with the idea of adding this tank to the mix. Set it up next to the 110, plumb it in to the existing sump and equipment. Might just need a bigger return pump or just add another pump in the sump for this.
010.JPG

nuch

Babe it was on sale!
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
some plumbing

So I got a few minutes today to work on the new addition. I got the mixing station all plumbed up now I just gotta get the tank going.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 124
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 122

nuch

Babe it was on sale!
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Yes salt mixing on the left. I was gonna put a pump in the rodi to the salt bucket, but I have separate valves in each bucket so if I need more rodi in the salt bucket I just shut the valve in the top off bucket and open the valve in the salt bucket.

nuch

Babe it was on sale!
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Oh ok. I follow now. Ro/Di is plumbed to both bins. Cool. So you can top them both at same time.

Yes I just like the idea of having fresh ro water in both containers. That's the reason why I dumped the 65 gallon tanks. The where so big I would have water in there for like 3-4 weeks before I need to fill agian. I dont think its bad to have water that long it's just me.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Yeah my brutes work perfectly in that regard. 32g one for RO/DI lets me fill the 20g SW one and have 2 fills of my top off container plus a little extra for misc. Top off every 5-6 days and WC once a week and I pretty much go through the same cycle every week. When I'm done with my WC I start a new batch of SW, and turn the RO/DI back on to refill the fresh side. So I always have fresh and salt water ready to go in an emergency.

Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I just read through this entire thread. I'm sooo jealous. I live in an apartment in the city. So your setup with the separate sump room is literally a dream of mine. I have thought to myself that if I ever moved out to the burbs, and had the space, I would do exactly what you put together (including the display fuge w/mantis shrimp). Nice job!!! Best of luck with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: