Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hey kris its looking noiceeeeeeeeeeee.... great job kris...

Brett showing the MR spirit...

kris where did u get the locline from...

brett :scratch: u think u can make another one of those for my 75 gallon :scratch: pleaseeeeeee.... :lol2:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
nanoreefer22 said:
tmrw I gotta silicone the box in place.

Kris, impressive work so far. I'm excited to see water in there. I KNOW you are too!

Question for you.....
Glass to glass gets silicone.
Acrylic to acrylic gets Weldon.

Does acrylic to glass get silicone too? I know that's a difficult adhesion to make. I just want you to get it right the first time. Sorry if this question is common knowledge, I am just not familiar with this process of acrylic to glass.

swimmer

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Yup since the box really isn't going to be holding any water and its only about 1/2lb heavy, the silicone will be just enough to hold it in place on the glass.

If this box were external it would have to be glass to glass cause then the box would be holding water weight.

Thanks Russ!!! I am excited to get water in it!!!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hey russ im pretty sure if u sand the sides of the acrylic and put enough silicone and hold it in place and allow time for it to dry it will be fine... and its also inside of the tank... so i will doing the same in my tank..

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
man...kris that is some exceptional work. that is pimp. you put my 40br to shame, stocked and all.

only if someone could build that for my 40. :wink: wink:

Last edited:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
scarf_ace1981 said:
man...kris that is some exceptional work. that is pimp. you put my 40br to shame, stocked and all.

only if someone could build that for my 40. :wink: wink:

LoL I'm taking a lot of extra time pre-setup that I didn't take with prior setups. Hopefully this one turns out a lot better than my previous tanks.

Thanks Jon!!!!

druluv

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Good idea on the overflow mod, Try and get some plastic screening to protect the bulk head screen. Sweet set-up
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle rowSpan=5>
meshdiag1_SM.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
druluv said:
Good idea on the overflow mod, Try and get some plastic screening to protect the bulk head screen. Sweet set-up
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle rowSpan=5>
meshdiag1_SM.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks :) It was actually Bad Coffee's idea. Hmmm just curious what the screen on top of the bulkhead screen would do?

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
masterswimmer said:
Kris, impressive work so far. I'm excited to see water in there. I KNOW you are too!

Question for you.....
Glass to glass gets silicone.
Acrylic to acrylic gets Weldon.

Does acrylic to glass get silicone too? I know that's a difficult adhesion to make. I just want you to get it right the first time. Sorry if this question is common knowledge, I am just not familiar with this process of acrylic to glass.

swimmer

Russ, the silicone just helps the box stay in place and keep a seal, the water pressure from the tank will "push" that box in place once the tank is filled. I would be afraid to use just acrylic in a larger setup, 200 gallons of water can be a lot of pressure on a 1/4" thick acrylic wall.

Chris, looks good but looks like you missed the end of the panels on your canopy when staining. Why did you use 1.5 inch BH for a small tank like this?

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
cali_reef said:
Russ, the silicone just helps the box stay in place and keep a seal, the water pressure from the tank will "push" that box in place once the tank is filled. I would be afraid to use just acrylic in a larger setup, 200 gallons of water can be a lot of pressure on a 1/4" thick acrylic wall.

Chris, looks good but looks like you missed the end of the panels on your canopy when staining. Why did you use 1.5 inch BH for a small tank like this?

Thanks Pierce.

On the end of the panel I accidentally got paint on it and forgot to remove it so it got varnished over. No biggie just a little eye sore.

As for the bulkhead's I had to because the holes were too big for 1 inch BH's. We literally took off a 1/8th of an inch and the 1.5inch bulkheads fit snug. I didn't want to risk leaks, so i took my time and got it resized :D.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: