nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Well no pictures of the tank yet, just some pictures of the frame work for the stand. I think I overbuilt it but who doesn't like overbuilt stuff. Tmrw I'm gonna be facing it with some type of wood and adding some moulding to it :teeth:. On with the pics...

Attachments

• 000_5093.JPG
    000_5093.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 615
  • 000_5094.JPG
    000_5094.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 608
  • 000_5095.JPG
    000_5095.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 613
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
WingoAgency said:
Where is your 40G, I only see a wood stand.

This thread should go to DIY not the Tank Thread.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:headache: this is gonna be his tank thread :duh:... lolz.. :biggrin:

looks nice and sturdy kris.. great job....

i will give my inspection on the stand on saturday.. and slap a MR.COM sticker on it if i approve it.. lmao

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
okay whatever you don't paint will just rot away.

get the best outdoor paint you can.
a deck paint is good. if you can stand it oil based, but that takes time to dry, and you mom might throw you out of the stinky house, unless you can paint the stand outside. otherwise get a latex based paint.

also don't forget a primer.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
DaRealDvs1 said:
ziq.gif

I wanna see a filled tank!!:mad:

You don't see me posting pics of the stand & canopy of my 65!!!

:D

just look at kris old tank pics and there is phils setup :lol2: he worked hard on the stand he wants to show it off... :screama: :biggrin: keep takin them pics kris... maybe u can have a thread like mine.... 43+pages long.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Kris, if you're going to glue the exterior on the frame don't paint it. (where you're going to glue)

For the outside, stain the wood what color you want, then use any exterior sealant. I use clear spar urethane. poly is mostly for interior. You want something exterior.

Put on a coat, sand, use a tack rag to lift off the dirt, and repeat 3 or more times. My stand had 4 coats on it if I remember correctly.

B

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Brett, Thanks for the tips. I'll be putting them to use later on this week.

One more picture of todays progress, still have to add doors, trim, and varnish it. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be all done with it.

Attachments

• 000_5101.JPG
    000_5101.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 251

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: