Frank@Wall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
I ramp up quite quickly over the course of an hour from all blue at 9:00 AM to full intensity 12k. ( all channels on full ) and stay there until 7:00 PM where there is a quick one hour ramp down to off at 8:00 PM.

I am not a big fan of overly blue tanks and find the 12K setting the most appealing to me in my Acro dominated tank.

So you are running at 100% intensity on all channels from 10am to 7pm at 12K?

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Thanks Rich. Allen, It is hard for me to say what the Gen 1's plus TIR lens would have done. I think the lens is certainly an improvement with color blending if nothing else. I'd also like to stress that I was careful to state "in Part" because there are a lot of things that go into coral growth and color in addition to lighting.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
My Radion graph is super simple--- a quick 1 hr (9 am to 10 am) ramp up from low intensity all blue to full intensity Stock 12K setting ( all color channels at 100% ) and they stay there until 7PM where they ramp back down for an hour and then off at 8 PM. I'm not a fan of overly blue tanks and this setting maximizes intensity and comes closest to my eyes the look of an overdriven Radium MH--which is what I want for an Acro dominated system.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I mean the ballast used to drive them. Different MH lamps are designed to be used on specific MH ballasts, but some lamps will light on ballasts they are not designed for. The Radium is commonly used in the hobby on a ballast M80? ( I forget?????) that overdrives the lamp and makes it burn whiter. This is commonly done with the Phoenix lamps as well. For my taste, they are too blue on their "proper" ballasts.

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I mean the ballast used to drive them. Different MH lamps are designed to be used on specific MH ballasts, but some lamps will light on ballasts they are not designed for. The Radium is commonly used in the hobby on a ballast M80? ( I forget?????) that overdrives the lamp and makes it burn whiter. This is commonly done with the Phoenix lamps as well. For my taste, they are too blue on their "proper" ballasts.

M80 drives the radium bulb to spec

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: