strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
I will say the tank does look very nice in the video. Glad to see it making a comeback! What does the tank get as far as additives/dosing? Besides wanting to try them, what motivated you to make the move to LEDs? Any videos from when it was lit by the MH's to compare it to?

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
OK I have a outer orbit fixture with ballast inside the fixture,i went 14k because radiums are too blue.Good to know if I ever update my lights I want the pendant lamps with the ballast seperate.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I will say the tank does look very nice in the video. Glad to see it making a comeback! What does the tank get as far as additives/dosing? Besides wanting to try them, what motivated you to make the move to LEDs? Any videos from when it was lit by the MH's to compare it to?

Not sure I have any video, pics for sure. Frankly I was a huge LED skeptic and really had not seen any LED lit tanks I really liked until I saw a Radion on an actual system which I kind of liked. I then had an opportunity to acquire them at a very affordable price ( benefits of many years in the hobby, running a magazine, hosting frag swaps, etc. ) so I decided to give them a try. I was pleasantly surprised with them and after getting used to the different "quality" of light they ( and all LEDs) produce I have grown to like them quite a bit and my corals like them too. I like the Pro's even more. If you see Sanjay's very recent review of "high end" LEDs you'll see that spectrally, the Radion Pro's, AI Hydra, and GHL Mitras are very , very similar and I'd imagine I'd find those fine as well. I'm sure there are other nice looking brands too. BTW, I still have my MH fixtures just in case I change my mind :) In all honesty, if I had to pay full retail for them, I would not have switched.

There are a lot of really nice LED lit tanks now and a lot of really ugly ones. But the same goes for MH and T-5 tanks too. Given broad spectral and intensity parameters, I don't think the corals really care as much we do :)

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
from you recent post, i think i see 8 hour 12k mode from your radion pro is that correct??\

nice color you have in your tank

Thanks.

Yes that is correct. And there is about an hour ramp up, ramp down on either end of the 8hrs. I could probably run fewer total hours, but this tank is on public display from 10 am until about 8 pm, so I like to keep them lit so people can look at them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: