NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
the muratic bath will do more then any of the above, make sure there is no bleach or bleach residue when you go to do the muratic bath, make sure to wear goggles and a mask when pouring it into the water and not to splash yourself, bath usually only last 3-4 hours and then empty and personally i let a hose run for several hours in the tub to keep flushing it out, then let soak for few days in ro water, then empty and soak for a couple more days, maybe more then needed but wanted to be sure

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I just bought 2 paver stones from Home Depot and threw them in the display tank after a quick rinse in tap water.thats it.not saying this is right but I don't have problems.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Thursday is D-day!!i had the whole thing soaking in a bin with established live rock.i also made a small stand for the aquafuge 2(hang on refugium)so the weight of it won't be resting on the glass.once this is in I'm going to put some of the rocks that are already in the tank back in as they are loaded with amphipods.also using miracle mud in the refugium that will house chaeto,caulerpa,red grape caulerpa and dragons breath.while everything will be disassembled all powerheads will be soaked in a vinegar bath,the chiller will be hooked up in reverse in a bucket with vinegar and water for routine maintainence.pics will follow come Thursday after the install

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
After a 6 hour overhaul that involved all pumps disassembled and soaked in a vinegar bath.all hoses where replaced with new ones...also relocated the return hole(never understood why they made the solana return on the middle of the back wall rather than up top where it belongs)i put 75% of the 10 year old established live rock back in the tank as I'm sure there will be a small cycle that ill be ready for with water changes.as for the hang on refugium everything is connected just didn't operate it yet.im waiting till everything is ok with the water paremters and I'm a little concerned with 2.5 gallons being added to the main tank if there is ever a power outage(need to find an inline back pressure fitting)
Eventually ill be upgrading to a 60 cube where ill have more grow out room for corals

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 373
M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What is that on the return line? It's a spinning thing from IM marine?

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
8 days away from the 1month mark and everything is thriving!!too bad I'm upgrading to a 60 cube..going to rip it all apart once again,build a new stand,getting a sump/refugium built from the best around "custom kings".always happy never satisfied!once again to be continued!....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: