Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ordered my new tank from Tom and I should be getting it next Friday! Tank will be a room divider (well kinda, I'm putting a hole in the wall rather than removing it) with the sump in the basement...

Going to use my old 120 long as a sump and still trying to figure out what to use my old 55g sump for....

trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have a BM nac7 and i love it... But there are other good ones out there..also a lot of people are trying chinses version to the MP40 called WP40 you should research them to see if its something you might be interested in.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here's the wall that will be opened up. The tank will reside in the dining room (green room) and viewable from the living room. Pics of sump, refugium to follow. 1 week til tank delivered!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 983
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 983
Last edited:

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Very cool idea. Will the overflows be standard or will you have them on the short (front to back) portion of the tank? How high will stand be. I t would be cool to sit in dining room and be able to see front viewing areas easily

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Very cool idea. Will the overflows be standard or will you have them on the short (front to back) portion of the tank? How high will stand be. I t would be cool to sit in dining room and be able to see front viewing areas easily

My original plan was to knock down the wall and do a front to back overflow as you mention. Turns out it's load bearing so I'm going with a 5 foot or so opening instead so the pillar remains on the end by the light switch. So I went with the cheaper tank with corner overflows. The overflows will be up against the wall and the opening on the living room side will be cut to show the DT without the overflows showing. This should make it look nice and clean on the dining room side as well...

By the way... the sump is going to be the 5' 120g you recommended to me last year that I bought from Pat!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Equipment list:

220g DT
120g Refigum
55g sump

1x SRO XP3000 SSS (picking up from Sam tonight!)
1x MP40
2x 120W Wingo LEDs - I do not recall what he named this model. They have separate power cords for blue and white and are dimmable on each color. These were overkill on my 5' long 120g so I believe they'll be good for the new tank being 1' longer and 6" deeper.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I also have a ton of rock but it needs to be cleaned.

It sat in my old tank after Sandy with about 2" of water in it until June. In July I moved everything to my new place and set it up in a tub of saltwater with powerheads for at least a month. The rubbermaid bin sprung a leak though so now it's back to half live, half dry.

I'm thinking I need to scrub them all with a brush then throw in the bin with saltwater and the pool chemical that absorbs phosphates (the name is escaping me right now) and monitor until phosphates are reading low... any other ideas?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Yeah afaik they are two different things...acid to clean the rocks and the lanthium chloride for phosphates. Not sure both are needed or in what order would be best, but nows the time to cook that rock for sure.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: