lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
thanks a good idea.... a bulkhead with a short pipe goes between the two then?

Yeah you could do two for some structure and as a backup as well.

You could also do u tubes and create a siphon between both tanks of you didn't want to drill. You would just need to adjust the height so that the tops were even to prevent a potential overflow.

The siphon should be power outage safe. The only thing that would screw it up would be if one tank drained low enough to break the siphon...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah you could do two for some structure and as a backup as well.

You could also do u tubes and create a siphon between both tanks of you didn't want to drill. You would just need to adjust the height so that the tops were even to prevent a potential overflow.

The siphon should be power outage safe. The only thing that would screw it up would be if one tank drained low enough to break the siphon...

I'm leaning towards giving the drilled tank a try... i don't need the refugium just yet so i have some time. My tank is still cycling as of now. I added some more dry rock as well. Hoping for the cycle to finish today or tomorrow and get the clean-up crew in on Weds. Will update with pics soon...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Long over due update.... in the past month or so i've got the lights up, cycled the tank and got my first inhabitants. Will get some pics of the sump in the basement up tomorrow. Still need to drill the fuge and plumb that.

Attachments

• 0photo.jpg
    0photo.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 1photo.jpg
    1photo.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 2photo.jpg
    2photo.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 205
  • 3photo.jpg
    3photo.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 4photo.jpg
    4photo.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 205
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm hating the wiring for my lights... I'm going to try to paint them or put them in conduit I think.

And my first puffer after years of doing this! So far he's picked at some snails, but since I started feeding him mussels in the shell he's backed off on them. He hasn't touched my zoas at all either.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Thanks! I think the stand was around $150 but I don't remember for sure as I bought it as a package deal with the tank and delivery from Tom (cody0709). I think I got my skimmer from you? The SRO that Fortunado passed on :)

Thanks for the info, i know who to go to when i'm ready :).
Yes, it's a awasome skimmer but i would try not to turn it off, as it's a pitta to kick start it. Good luck on your built, i'll be following your thread.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes, it's a awasome skimmer but i would try not to turn it off, as it's a pitta to kick start it. Good luck on your built, i'll be following your thread.

lol yeah it is!! i have to take it out and let it drain then plug it in and put it back in the water. i'm not sure if replacing the pump would fix it, or if it's the seal or something else??

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
lol yeah it is!! i have to take it out and let it drain then plug it in and put it back in the water. i'm not sure if replacing the pump would fix it, or if it's the seal or something else??

These pump will always have the kick start issue. A new pump will be easier to kick start, but over time, they'll have the same issue. What you also can do is use your finger or something else to spin the impeller to help it kick start, i find it easier, like i show you when you pick up the pump. Or replace with the DC pump, there is one that fits this model exactly i believe. I have played with many top end skimmer, this is one of the best.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
These pump will always have the kick start issue. A new pump will be easier to kick start, but over time, they'll have the same issue. What you also can do is use your finger or something else to spin the impeller to help it kick start, i find it easier, like i show you when you pick up the pump. Or replace with the DC pump, there is one that fits this model exactly i believe. I have played with many top end skimmer, this is one of the best.

I'm good with it running non-stop... i was doing water changes out of my sump but think I have a better way to do them doing forward now where i don't have to empty the sump out...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Any updates, new additions?

Yes! Between the tank, building a deck in my backyard and work I've been slacking on MR!! Here's a quick couple of pics showing my 2 latest additions (the 3rd LED light from Wingo and my Magnificent Foxface).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 141
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 144
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 138

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: