jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The first full tank shot.

new FTS.jpg

a work in progress this shows the vision I'm going after, a open plan
with plenty of room for the fish to swim and coral to grow.

a few more select rocks, and some more coral arangeing and it will be done.

A big thanks to Herman who came over on monday and helped aquascape and dip every coral I have, no small task.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
You can really appreciate the depth of the tank now. :) But like Heuerfan said, where's the sand? :scratch:

Dean

p.s. Put a frag disk or flat rock under those clams to facilitate moving them.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the sand will be in the sump ;)
I agree it would probably look better with sand. I just don't want to deal with that now. I think the flow in the tank would make a mess of it. wait till the bottom is purple LOL.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
J i want more pics more pics more pics!
Some closer shots, not macros, but closer.
Also, I thought you had a lot more fish....flame angel?....I dont see them in the first pic posted. :) MORE PICS!
Looks great man, reallie digging the zen look of this tank
and the open space makes the tank look like a 400g

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Froggie said:
Also, I thought you had a lot more fish....flame angel?....I dont see them in the first pic posted.

Q, I gave the 4 tangs and trigger to mike/slama to hold. I might get back one or two, but I had to keep the bio load light to start the tank again.
This is almost all dead base rock with maybe ten pounds of live base rock from Hermans sump.
The other fish are in a holding tank till the bacteria count is high enough to support them. Also two of the fish, the mandarin and the CBB are very dependant on the live rock for their food, so I have to wait till that is established as well. Right now they are in a 15 gallon tank with about 25 pounds of rock from the old set up. that will keep them going till the new tank is ready for them.

I'll try to get more pics up later today.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: