MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
its not two covers. its a cabin divider. and i think you installed the bottom panel the wrong way =p the unfinish edge should be facing the back. =] cant wait to see it going

exactly. i felt regretful right after i hammered the stand solid. didn't correct it coz dont guess its a biggie. now i'm so preoccupied with removal of the baffle. omg, its hard

cabin divider? ok, so if i dont divide the cabinet, it then becomes of no use, huh? i guess i have a better use for it

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ok, after a hard job, really hard, there comes the sump without the 2 baffles--lol, my zeo reactor got in

IMG_5108_zps4d20fc48.jpg

IMG_5110_zpsd5dcf518.jpg

IMG_5112_zpsb9e521ca.jpg

hopefully all will be done on this weekend

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Nice I had the same setup a year back. My thread call cadlights 70G Artisan Series Aquariums go under search you will see I had Mod some things for my specifications. Good luck with your build.

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice I had the same setup a year back. My thread call cadlights 70G Artisan Series Aquariums go under search you will see I had Mod some things for my specifications. Good luck with your build.

thanks for sharin. urs looked neat and inspirin. i run zeo so the design of sump becomes quite simple. skimmer, carbon, reactor, done :flower:

ill spend this weekend makin a doser n controler board by convertin the so called cabin divider that i thought at first as an extra cover. dont guess tis of use to divide the cabinet into 2 storage

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
now i put the tank on the stand and made up the control board.

IMG_5115_zpse7eb787f.jpg

the outlet pipe was a bit small. i made a do with it by clampin it. thinkin about gettin the right pipe at homedepot. tomorrow i gotta go there n buy some pvc glue to adhere the outlet plumbin. n cadlights forgot the pipe for emergency pipe

IMG_5116_zps6652f128.jpg

it looks quite messy when put outa the cabinet but the placements way easier for me to operate.

the controller side

IMG_5117_zpsddf39103.jpg

the doser side

IMG_5118_zps6a3309f9.jpg

gotta screw the other powerbar unto the board n diy a dosin container n auto/off container

still a lot to do tomorrow

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
finally i'm fillin up the tank, bummer, the water pressures low so the progress is very slow, an entire nite spent only to get like 1/3 tank filled. damn

or the ro/di system gets somethin wrong. yet the readins r good with in=0 n out=0

with this speed, the tankll be full by weekend

AND A big precaution for evryone: really pay attention to the power supply compliance of the equipments. i mistakenly connected a tunze osmolator pump to a regular plug AND BIG BUMMER, all i got was only a blackout. totally forgot it must be connected to a 9-12v power adapter. guess i just simply killed a 25ish buck thingy

will be visitin petco today to get some cheap pump as a temporary solution. when i purchase my zeo supplements in few months, ill re-order a tunze pump and connect it to a right plug

the check list:

1, rkl plus system--ready

2, ati lightin--ready

3, ato--waitin for a pump

4, rockworks--ready. i really recommend brs. its customer service cant be beaten. i called and told my tank dimensions AND they really got me the right rocks-- right size and nice shapes. btw, the dry fiji rocks look basically the same as those LIVE rocks i can get but they save way much

ill be orderin some sponge rocks from reeffarmers to seed the rocks. finally pest hitchhikers free this time. have never won a battle against em, in particular against crabs

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
hold on.... dont tell me u use those styrofoam under ur tank.. :rolleyes: i hope its something else.

isnt it a must to put a styrofoam under the tank? so i didnt remove the foam at all and cut it with my scissors

bummer, never cut the styrofoam with scissors--the result will be what u r now seein

since the tank isnt full yet, i can drain it up and change the foam--some higher quality one from homedepot? i havent seen any yet in the store

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
isnt it a must to put a styrofoam under the tank? so i didnt remove the foam at all and cut it with my scissors

bummer, never cut the styrofoam with scissors--the result will be what u r now seein

since the tank isnt full yet, i can drain it up and change the foam--some higher quality one from homedepot? i havent seen any yet in the store

never heard of that school of teaching. but i personally think its a bad idea...
due to density of those foam it will be compressed unevenly and cause uneven pressure points on the tank. some company will void the warranty.

dont quote me on this but its just some thoughts. but i think if you do want some padding under your tank look for closed cell foam. why not just sit the tank on the stand? if you do want expert opinion call cadlight i am sure they know more about thier tank than me. but those styrofoam dosnt look right to me.:argue::argue::argue::argue:

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
never heard of that school of teaching. but i personally think its a bad idea...
due to density of those foam it will be compressed unevenly and cause uneven pressure points on the tank. some company will void the warranty.

dont quote me on this but its just some thoughts. but i think if you do want some padding under your tank look for closed cell foam. why not just sit the tank on the stand? if you do want expert opinion call cadlight i am sure they know more about thier tank than me. but those styrofoam dosnt look right to me.:argue::argue::argue::argue:

there r now conflictin says. i know a guy even break down his tank only to put the styrofoam underneath :scratch:

will be workin on that. but the styrofaom itself doesnt have an even surface--thats so true i can c it

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
here is the BERRY BERRY slow filling

IMG_5119_zps7d831e81.jpg
'

rockworks, leave forget about the mess around. the livin roomll be cleaned up after the finalization of the setup

one mass

IMG_5122_zpsda979d82.jpg

poor merriam dictionary. precaution--BERRY BERRY important, guys, never go to a ******bag uni where u r asked evryday to bring that red book to classrooms. the only result will be me, laid off due to the gov shutdown but still workin without bein paid

the other mass

IMG_5124_zpsd2fbb449.jpg

the arch podiums for my ritteri that always deserves the spotlight

IMG_5125_zps72ebb9ef.jpg

brs really has nice shapes and they have pretty good knowledge of reefscapin

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Very nice. Good luck with setup and build. Tagging along.
Are you going Barebottom? I see that the RODI line is sitting in the tank. So is the plan to make water, then mix salt, then add LR and sand?

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very nice. Good luck with setup and build. Tagging along.
Are you going Barebottom? I see that the RODI line is sitting in the tank. So is the plan to make water, then mix salt, then add LR and sand?

ill go barebottom with a tupperware for my wrasse

omg, u look thru me

id like add water, mix salt, put in rocks

let there be light, let there be fish, let there be corals :letitallo

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: