MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
new ro unit :smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

exactly. my best guess must be ro unit damage or restrictor damage. however, the unit i used in ottawa is chloramine style. in short, ive ordered a new 4 stage unit from brs

now the project is pendin, waitin for the arrival of new ro/di

what a big pain in the *** and wallet :sick: i gotta seek some side projects to finance my reefin life

presumably tap water in nyc is traditionally chlorine treated, huh? ive ever heard its chloramine treated. anyone knows that? if it is, ill put change the regular carbon filter to the chlaromine cabon filter from the broken one

so next step includes sell this one on ebay

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
so next step includes sell this one on ebay

just convert your 4 stage into 5-6 stage and you can use the RO membrane for a watersaver upgrade kit.

you will need more than 1 job to fiance this hobby

heard selling arms and legs will only fund 1% of our coral desire. :smash:

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
just convert your 4 stage into 5-6 stage and you can use the RO membrane for a watersaver upgrade kit.

you will need more than 1 job to fiance this hobby

heard selling arms and legs will only fund 1% of our coral desire. :smash:

ill dismember--oh yeah, it now sounds like halloween month--the malfunctionin one after the setup and figure out what exactly is goin wrong. then sell it or reuse it

possibly will give it to my sis. the simplest fix could be like makin a bypass of the membrane. shes runnin a freshwater tank so the 4 stage filteration without ro is capable enuf

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i've contacted reeffarmers n cultivatedreefs. both r nice guys. made a reservation of sponge rocks which i'll seed my tank with--to arrive on 29; and of few sps frags--to arrive in early nov

my reef code is let em grow big so i wont buy many but cant waitt 2 c em grow into colonies

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Finally, everythin in

image_zps26c17ea4.jpg

the water is still kinda cloudy. i found instant ocean mix is quite like this

image_zps4e4c7d4f.jpg

image_zps57480415.jpg

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
more pix

IMG_5131_zps28ee4dd5.jpg

IMG_5133_zpsc986e1bd.jpg

basic readings:

temp=75.7--76.7

ph=8.24

sal=1.036

phos=0.08--seems like insofar dry fiji rocks hasn't leaked too much phosphate

alk=4.34--really off the charts

ca=493--really off the charts, too

mg=1500

potassium<200

instant ocean really poured a very big portion of the basic three into their salt mix

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: