lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Start your thread already! Let's get it going!

Tonight I moved a few pieces around. Got a few things locked down. I am really happy with the results.

tumajeru.jpg
ujy2a2yn.jpg
u4ebytu9.jpg

Here's my zoa garden and some growth progress. The rest are more than I am willing to count.

5 rasta...now 8 plus baby
4 cars...now 7
3 sunny d..now 5
3 red hornets...now 5

u3a7ydag.jpg

Here's the piece of war coral that got left behind when the rest was getting stung by a mushroom. It's tiny and doing great. Probably 4-5 eyes now. They are hard to get a full angle on the way the rock is.

y3y6umur.jpg

Can't wait to see what this looks like now in a month. This is the best I've had my layout. :) :) :)

Last edited:

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Thanks. All that growth has been since last July. It was size of a quarter before then.

On a sad note, I came home and my yellow coris wrasse was sleeping with the fishes...had him for at least a year if not longer. First fish loss that wasn't a newcomer :(

jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
noticed you had an eshopps skimmer (psk100 or 200). have you ever had any problems with it overflowing randomly.

After a year of flawless operation mine seems to randomly stop sucking in air and overflowing everything back into the tank. I have been debating drilling an overflow hole in the cup but not sure how/where.

How has yours been?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I have not had any issue with overflows at all. It sounds like your airway is getting blocked. I would not recommend adding a drain in the cup unless you have a way to disable the skimmer if things go nuts or it will dump your tank out without any qualms :)

I drilled mine and was working my way up the drillbits when it cracked. After that i cleaned up and made the hole bigger with the dremel. If i had to do over i would have just done it with the dremel from the start.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm seriously contemplating changing out some of my fish but I'm not sure I know what I want to replace them with. My One Spot Foxface has gotten pretty large probably 4"+ now and my orange line chromis are both at least 3". I doubt anyone will want the chromis, so thats part of my dilemma.

So two issues here, what do you do with fish that would be difficult to re-home and what would be good fish to replace them with? Needs to be reef safe and shrimp/crab safe too.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Been a while since I updated...nothing much going on. Been busy working on the water change system. Got the controller programmed so i can do some calibrations and make sure everything is working properly. What I did finally finish was the automated salt mixing. So now as my barrel of SW gets used up, i just add a cup or two of salt and the controller will slowly dilute it until it reaches 35ppt again. Then after a preset time it will re-enable the AWC.

Now I just need to plumb some 1/4" tubing and finalize the calibration program so I can run the test cycles and make sure all the input/output is even. Once thats done it will be time to run the home runs to the DT and get this project completed!

vejary4e.jpg

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I do 2 part dosing with BRS supplements. I dose 40ml each per day spaced 5 minutes apart and broken into hourly doses. I think it comes to 78 seconds for Cal and 81 seconds for alk. I have calibrated them using usage data over the course of a month and the settings are spot on. The calibration data (time and volume) are stored on my ReefAngel and the controller uses that to determine the time based on the volume i want to dose. So far it's been 100% spot on.

ubuhe3ep.jpg
eru4aqut.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: