Blue Ridge Coral
Orange Acans
Orange Setosa
Green Pocilipora
ORA Green Birdsnest
Tricolor Acro
Superman Rhodactis
Highlighter Yellow Acro

Had an awesome time. Now I have to get rid of the extras on my frag rack and get all this new stuff added. :)

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Superman Monti fairy came through today. Thanks JP and bigsink!

Oh and last night was a 100% certified full sighting of the Red Firefish!!! Looking good still. Wonder if she'll ever start coming out again :(

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Red Firefish came out during feeding time today!!! Both purple and red were out today. They didn't even seem to notice each other...

2aseraba.jpg

Here's the purple, you can see my new Acan there too :)

gyvu6ezy.jpg

And here's a shot of the hogfish

a3uteny3.jpg

And the new blenny

usehyham.jpg

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Everyone loves that chalice. Here's some of what's coming..

4uvenaqe.jpg
9yna4yje.jpg
5yrypega.jpg
y3urunu5.jpg

Here's my new Acans

gavu2atu.jpg
7eguzyny.jpg
3a6a8uvy.jpg

Zoa garden updates

y4y2eru5.jpg
8ugejate.jpg
na8y2a4u.jpg
a5eqymuz.jpg
gutu3yzy.jpg
a4ypuvu7.jpg
7adybyne.jpg
sa2eqy8a.jpg

New superman rhodactis and an older superman mushroom

adeqe7eb.jpg
e8y5ehu5.jpg

And last but not least...obligatory FTS

yzatyha5.jpg

Last edited:

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Thanks guys. JP your tank looks awesome and it's ready to explode. Can't wait to see it grow out!

James the nem didn't really settle there, I moved the rock there and got the clowns to host. I had a nepthia there and they started hosting it when the nem was 3 inches away. I moved the nem and the clowns went right in. There were two on that rock and i was hoping one would move. Nope, never. Well one just split last november and the other one did a few weeks ago and decided to wander back to the main rock work.

I just sold that rock with two so I'm back to one nem. I don't think I've only had one anemone in this tank since I got it. It split maybe 6 months in and i had two for a while. Then the last time it split one became 4 and i got rid of two so he's the only one left.

I finally have my corner back which is good so i can clean the glass and I can get a better view of the red firefish which I got to see tonight.

My macrophthalma is recovering from bleeching.It's been growing like mad but it is very pale. Probably beed to lower my nitrates probably. I've been feeding a lot. I'll probably do a bit of prodibio and some reefbooster soon. I did lower the light intensity because I have it high up and my lights are too close to the water line.

Which brings me to my canopy.... Tonight my son walked into my canopy as I was putting it on the floor and bumped his head. I'm close to having that problem solved.

What is safe to paint and seal?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Had some time to do a water change tonight. It's nice being back on schedule and not having a backlog of maintenance. I was able to leave the carbon and gfo running. Changed out the filter sock and 18g of new water.

I also managed to get some tests in. Alk came out a bit high at 8.62dkh which it's been trending upwards. After the WC it was back down to 7.89. I dialed the doser back 1ml to 42ml. Calcium and mag were also a bit low 400 and 1200 respectively. I will test magnesium, which is one element RC is able to fulfill, in a few days.

Phosphates and nitrates were decent considering I tested before the WC .02ppm and 12ppm. I would like to knock them both down a little bit. I might drop some prodibio in there. I haven't used any of it since the end of february.

Otherwise tank's doing well. I need to do some moving around of corals and do some fragging. I know everyone wants a piece of that chalice. The macrophthalma has been coloring back and overall looking better. I want to give that one a little bit of time. The slimer and purple cap are begging for some trimming. The pink birdsnest is getting eaten by my frogspawn. It's also time to plant some frags, need to clear the rack!

Haven't seen my harlequin since i fed it a chocolate chip starfish leg. Now i have all these starfish in my sump and not sure if I have someone to feed them to. They certainly didn't eradicate the asterina's and now both harley's have been mia. Anyone experience that?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Ok. Tank's second birthday coming up next week. Here was a shot from last year after I re-scaped.

umubuhyn.jpg
u8y8e4am.jpg

Can't wait to get my lights situated higher and clear the frag rack. A bit of rescape needs to happen.

Can't wait to see the next years worth of growth.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Happy Birthday to my tank :) I am at the two year mark!! Fish are happy. Most of the coral is doing great. Have a few that aren't the happiest, but it's all part of the ups and downs. Frag rack is clear of everything I was selling and probably try and get some time to scape and get things where they should be.

So, just an update, the harlequins have been out. At one point I saw both. About once a week one of them comes out and I throw in a starfish leg. He drags it off and then I don't see him till at least a week later. The CC are eating up my macro algae though. The firefish are coexisting pretty well. I've seen no aggression. The purple stays low and to the right side of the tank. The red comes out on the top left behind the rock work. Both only really come out around dinner time when they think I'm gonna feed them.

My nem moved, and then he moved back. Thought I was gonna have a problem. I'm dosing 42ml of 2 part and feeding daily. Need to do some tests soon, been slacking there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: