matthewdmueller

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think that I am going to go witht the Reefready 75gal after I move and I was wondering if you have any suggestions. I was also thinking about going with the G2 for a skimmer but I don't think I am going to use PC lights, I was thinking MH/VHO. Where did you get your tank from and have you found any better deals since you picked it up? Is there anything that you don't have hooked up that you think would make a big difference, ie reactor, chiller or whatever? Very nice looking tank though, and thanks for any recommendations that you might have.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
haha.. I probably over-did it on the stand, but I rather be safe then sorry.

I have a ASM G2 skimmer on my tank, but I actually wish I went with a G3.
I got my tank from petland discounts for $179.99+tax but the overflow kit is sold seperately and forgot how much that cost. I dont have a chiller, but it isn't as necessary to me because the tank is in the basement. The concrete floor cools the tank a good amount so long as the temp outside isn't over 100, then I would just lower the photoperiod. I have a calcium reactor which isn't shown in any pics.

matthewdmueller

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I'm finally getting around to setting mine up and I'm still looking for a tank/stand/hood. How much LR do you have in that tank. I'm probably going to make my own, yeah I know it takes forever to cure but if I get started now, it should be ready just in time for water. Thanks

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Yes I did. Its running great. A little superglue and scrap plastic and I fixed the cone to go on much more tight and leakproof. I also modified the output and made a homemade gatevalve to eliminate the bubbles and splashing sound. :p

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Some new pics!
Tank shot
untitled1nl4.jpg

Side shot
img1007io3.jpg

and some closer up shots
img1022kh4.jpg

img1014th3.jpg

img1013oo5.jpg

img1012at6.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: