iCoral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Front glass bow

HELP!!! Does anyone have the same problem with this Reef Octopus tank bowing a little in the middle towards the top when with water filled? I notice the front glass has about 1/8" bow/curved when measureing from the back to the front. Should I be worry? My tank/stand is level.

Maybe anyone with rimless tank can charm in.

I sent some pictures to Coralvue as they requested. They did not respond to me for a day already. So far I don't have a good impression with Coralvue. They are REALLY BAD in response time.

Attachments

• Front  Side.jpg
    Front Side.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 821
  • Middle.jpg
    Middle.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 823
  • Front level 1.jpg
    Front level 1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 795
  • Front level 2.jpg
    Front level 2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 831
  • Side level.jpg
    Side level.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 792

iCoral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Thanks, I'm think of a screen top. Which replacement elbow are you waiting for? The bottom section where the return pipe? or the top? Did you use PVC cement glue for the bottom pipes or plumbing tape?

pbjelly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'm waiting on the bottom elbow - I won't even tell you how long I've been waiting - it's embarrassing.
I bought my set up used, so I'm not sure how it originally came (or what the instructions were) but the pipes are cemented into the big gasket and then I put plumbers tape on the threads before I tightened that part. Since I don't have a return barb, I haven't put that section together yet. Did you glue the elbow and barb in at the bottom?

Love your light hanger! I also made mine out of 8020, but I attached it to the back of the stand.

Last edited:

iCoral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I have ordered the Trigger Systems Crystal 30 to replace my Reef Octopus sump. Does anyone have the same sump Trigger system crystal 30? I hope it could house my Reef Octopus xp1000sss skimmer, heater and a pump for my chiller in the 1st section of the sump.

iCoral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Trigger System Crystal 30

I have replaced my Reef Octopus sump with this Trigger system yesterday. My first impression for the TS crystal 30 was a little bit disappointed on the thinness of the acrylic. It is only 3/16" thick but with all the bracing and customer reviews I believe it will be a great sump. Also this sump is really light weight unlike the Reef Octopus sump. So far it look great and performs well.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 675
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 675
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 671
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 661

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: