reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Well it's Been awhile!a lot of ups and downs,plumbing issues,leaking bulkheads so on and so forth....anyway here is a few pictures..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 347

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Tony why did they die? Ammonia spike or some kind of cycle? Sucks dude. Sorry to hear.

More or less my own stupidity... decided to NOT use the bonsai tree aquascape was my first mistake,my second mistake was using all the rocks (that was only cooking for 2 months)not long enough in my opinion. last but not least my kole tang was hidden in the rocks and died...didn't notice it till it was too late.basically adding more ammonia to the cycle..Sad part is got stuck at work late the whole week and didn't have time to do anything about it.I ended up doing a waterchange (like 10-15 gallons)every other day for a week straight just to maintain decent water quality till the cycle broke so I wouldn't loose anymore coral.under my better judgement I should have known this would happen...guess I was a little over confident.. could have been worse though....could have lost everything!

Last edited:

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
The worse feeling in the world is being on manhattan reefs and seeing all the great deals all the vendors are having and not being able to get anything till the tank is stable enough:( it's almost like I'm put on the naughty list and getting nothing for Christmas

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: