LBC

reef junkie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Vue should consider themselves lucky you noticed. Sure, if/when the front glass busts out they can always show in writing they aren't liable any damage a defect causes.

However, they'd have to deal with litigation. It would be a really dumb move for the vendor to not accept a return with full refund including freight since it arrived with a defect and you notified them right aways.

Not sure how many days passed already, but give them like 10 days from purchase to pick up for return, otherwise you'll have your creditcard/bank get involved.

If they're not on Yelp yet, make the first post, as well as share this defect and their response across the board.

If 10 days pass then I'd get BBB involved too.

CORALVUE
38190 COMMERCIAL CT.
SLIDELL, LA 70458
FAX: 985-781-9081
TEL: 985-718-1465
[email protected]

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I drained my tank already but I believe you are right its 1/16" after looking at the picture again. Is 1/16" acceptable for a rimless tank?

My AGA braced 120 is 1/32 off from the bottom to the top. Are you sure you were holding the tape measure absolutely level..that will make a difference.
Did you try using a 4' metal level across the longest run of glass to see that it is actually a bow situation?

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
My AGA braced 120 is 1/32 off from the bottom to the top. Are you sure you were holding the tape measure absolutely level..that will make a difference.
Did you try using a 4' metal level across the longest run of glass to see that it is actually a bow situation?

That's actually a great idea , you can rule out the chances of any glass or optical illusion !

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Tell Coralvue to give you a new tank, if they give you anymore lip just say you will charge back the entire transaction with your credit card. They will immediately act accordingly especially if you paid with AMEX, and if they don't then just charge it back and buy a different tank. I can't stand getting the run around.

Greagzter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Definitely ask for a replacement, you paid money for a rimless glass tank that should not bow. Moreover, if Im not mistaken, I believe that the silicone bead should be between 2-3mm in this application. You have 2-3mm more of silicone applied, that is where you probably getting the bowing from.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Here's the problem... LUXURY items don't go around advertising themselves as LUXURY. They just go by word of mouth, great customer service, and a VERY high price tag. If you were to buy any luxury item, you would know immediately by how you are treated, how the customer service experience happens, etc. and know that you are in a luxury environment. There is no questioning what you are paying for. If someone puts LUXURY on an item and sells it to you as a LUXURY product, most likely you are not getting anything luxurious. I would return the whole thing at this point. Sorry to disappoint, I know it's frustrating especially this far into a build... but start from scratch, I think you'll be much happier in the long run.

iCoral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Here are the info of the sump. The sump came as a set.

Attachments

• ReefOctopus Sump.jpg
    ReefOctopus Sump.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 123

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
acrylic will bow, i had a 50g tank that was acrylic and it had a bow in the middle of it even though it had a brace around the tank, i personally would never do a rimless glass tank again just beause of piece of mind, i did have a rimless 60g cube, never checked to see if it had a bow in it but the glass was thicker then yours also

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: