MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Yes mike, I think you answered it. I don?t do any thing out of the norm. Good lights, stable water, I don?t chase numbers, barely check anything to be honest. I believe the calcium reactor makes a huge difference. I use to dose a lot of stuff and to be honest I think it was all for nothing. I dose trace elements and potassium iodide. Water change every two weeks and maintain alk at 8.o. My nutrient control is all in a balance of algae reactor and carbon dosing. No chemicals. Good balance of corals also help on nutrients since some thrive more on higher nitrates which keeps the nitrates under control. Hope this helps.
Thanks Joe:thrash:

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Yes mike, I think you answered it. I don?t do any thing out of the norm. Good lights, stable water, I don?t chase numbers, barely check anything to be honest. I believe the calcium reactor makes a huge difference. I use to dose a lot of stuff and to be honest I think it was all for nothing. I dose trace elements and potassium iodide. Water change every two weeks and maintain alk at 8.o. My nutrient control is all in a balance of algae reactor and carbon dosing. No chemicals. Good balance of corals also help on nutrients since some thrive more on higher nitrates which keeps the nitrates under control. Hope this helps.

Looks amazing Joe! Are you still running the Rowa Phos or any gfo now that you are running the algae reactor?

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Looks amazing Joe! Are you still running the Rowa Phos or any gfo now that you are running the algae reactor?

Hey joe thank you. No I don?t do rowa anymore. The reactor works nice, hooked up the calcium reactor through it and works perfect. Rowa is a pain, expensive and was giving me rtn every time I do a new batch. It was striping the water to fast no matter how I adjusted the flow through it.

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Only a year ago I took it apart to make room
I remember visiting you after you re-did the entire tank and steal some frags from you. Hours we spent with you and soaked it all in. WOW. this tank is truly breathtaking. your build inspired my 200G peninsula wanted you to know that. I only hope I have 1/2 the success you've obtained!

ps. still have that bright orange Yuma =)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: