cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Oh yea ,look at that a whole thread !
Didn't read anything but the pics are great..
Looking good

Suprise, suprise - you should see him trying to order drive thru and describing the pictures into the mic box.

Nice stand. I contemplated killz too but it was enough just getting around to painting the outside. Good plan though.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks duro. The whole inside should be done this weekend and i gotta find out where my special trim (so i can paint the outside) is from my uncle.

Not enough time. Crox there will be no next time :( ....

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Tomorrow
Sump will be started with baffles
Overflow and return holes will be cut out
Stand should be painted
picking up 1/2" pink panther foam (for tank, sump and ATO tank)

Still waiting on trim.
Im still thinking about the doors. I was thinking about using glass frosted inserts with an S in script etched in both front doors. With the strip leds i plain on installing inside stand it can be lit up in any color..

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Nice tony. I think that the foam isn't recommended anymore plus the warranty will be void if the tank crack with foam being used. I think marine land warranties the tank for 1yr without the use of their stand and 5 years with their stand. Just a thought

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I want to put something under the tank. I made sure the top is 100 % flat and level.

Paint was my other problem. I want it to be matte but with my 120 stand i painted with semi gloss and use a water based poly on top of that. Trying to avoid using poly on this one. I was recommended to go with a semi gloss to make clean up easy ( by a great man ). Which paint do i go with. I would go with a paint and primer in one.

I got alot of stuff coming up and a new addition coming in july :biggrin: Taking alot on at the moment :help: :lol2:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: