thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Tony, In the pic you have up. The brace in center is the rear of stand? If looking for additional support put one one each side in center. I'd guess 24 inches give or take. Shouldn't obstruct working from sides at at all. Can then add additional in front but not center it. Probly be overkill but that's what DIY stands usually end up being anyway.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks thirty. I just added another middle support in the back. Thats why it is called DIY :biggrin:

Next on the list

-Get the trim that my uncle is ordering. Its going to be real nice :) for top and bottom. ---Doors are already made.
-Pick up glass for sump and install
-Paint inside and outside of stand and seal the inside.
-start planning plumbing

Last edited:

ReefDiver

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
When I set up my most recent tank, I went to the local carpet store and asked for a piece of carpet padding. I put a piece under the display tank and another under the sump. It helps a bit with leveling, vibration and noise from pumps. The carpet guy was interested in what I needed it for and cut the pieces to my size, also gave it to me for free.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Screw holes patched. And sanded by hand finished as well.

33004137-CBA8-41F2-A3B8-B3E3F26C30B3-16869-000008DDF7C252F7_zpsf06e2ce1.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: