cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So after much delay I am finally ready to re setup my 50g tank. I wanted to go bigger but in my new studio that wasn't really a feasible option. Instead I might keep my Custom King AIO as a second tank which is currently holding my fish.

Today I painted the stand which was left not fully painted by the previous owner. Next up is to re plumb everything and have a screen top made as it wouldn't fit before. My buddy Saltwaterinbrooklyn hooked me up with a nice light stand to go with my Evergrow R4. The rest of the equipment I will be re using and will list when I have more time.

Stay tuned...

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I dont need luck (but thanks) I need time. I dont get days off. Im gonna have cleanyourtank11 come help though. He does great work and I just bribed him with DD cookie dough donuts.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ha, nope. Last night was ikea building session. Only took 3 months to get furniture prolly another 3 to get this tank up.

20150126_234212_zps282bb89e.jpg

^^ New Cat Bed

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I made a classic mistake. I 'thought' I was buying a 1.5">1" reducer but even though I am 100% sure I picked from the right box ended up with a 1.5">.75" and already glued it before realizing. Oh well I am sure there are more parts I will need so I am dry fitting now. The one thing I am still undecided is where to put the manifold. I am hope I might be able to fit a doser under the hood but not so sure. In any event trying to keep everything minimalistic with the least resistance.

So far...
20150212_022916_zps95d4b324.jpg

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
How do you folks with tops get your wires out of the tank? I am debating what wavemakers to get and if I go with gyre or jebao will be stuck with wires and want to use a screen top. Also if I do go with mp's I will need the wireless version if I plan on two right? (Anyone selling mp10's?)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: