cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Tank is almost full (with RODI to test first). I found a 18w UV so am going to use that on this tank and move my 9w to my frag tank. I also got a new/used stand I had laying around for my frag tank but that will be in another thread. For this tank I redid the light hanger to accommodate the t5 fixture and installed eye bolts on it and will make it so it can slide on/off the hangers for access. I am going to try the Red Sea 21 day cycle and see how it goes. Also picked up some TLF red epoxy for the rocks. Should be good to go soon.

Knock on wood my plumbings ok. I have had a little practice recently:
20150325_185419_zpszihi8jik.jpg

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Leak test was a success. The Jecod DCT8000 is an absolute beast on the first setting is almost too strong. I am going to have to vent the drain and then get the manifold online. I added the salt and sand already.

20150401_023455_zpsu2mxp8ey.jpg

Before you ask - Yeaaahhh I wear black socks when I reef !!!

#actlikeUknow

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Forgot to post my new drain. Since the force of a straight pipe was so strong it was causing the water to bubble up and splash I created this with 1/2" holes and a 3/4->1/2 reducer to divert the flow:

20150402_053116_zpsqmjlw1ee.jpg

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
The hard plumbing is quiter. I havent tried the muffler tip but thats mainly to deflect the water so it doesnt 'bubble' the surface bc of the force as the sump runs high.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Got home and one of my proud branches had fallen over...stupid epoxy...so I propped it back up. I think though sometimes the best aquascaping gets done by mistake - organically.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ok ran through another stick of epoxy hopefully this holds. I am going to swap out the Jebao 8000 pump for a 6000 its just too much.

Im not liking these T5s. I am sure the corals will but it is way too blue for my taste - very unnatural.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: