reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Decided to update first post to just show most recent FTS. As I update thread with new pics, I will continue to put most recent FTS here. Currently showing picture taken 6/23/2015

Attachments

• DSC02925.jpg
    DSC02925.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 2,141
Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
If anyone local has any containers I can use during the move to hold some water, live rock, and corals, it would be much appreciated. So far i bought 2-32 gallon heavy duty garbage pails. definitely going to need at least another 120 gallons worth of space. Figure I need enough for 120 gallons of fresh mixed salt for the new tank, and also need to hold everything from the 90 so I can move the 90 out of the way and put the 120 in the same spot.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Actually, I think i may have found a new location to have this tank. This will allow me to set up the new tank while the old one continues to operate. Seems to me like it will be the best way to do it allowing the least amount of stress on the livestock.

rjl09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hey how are those reefbreeders going so far on your 90?...i'm leaning on getting them as well

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
hey how are those reefbreeders going so far on your 90?...i'm leaning on getting them as well

still in acclimation phase. but so far i think theyre pretty cool. They put off a lot less stray light than my MH lights put off. So it seems like they are much dimmer but when you look inside the tank, the brightness is pretty much the same. I really like the ability to have a sunrise and sunset and some moonlights which I wasnt able to do with the MH which were just on or off.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I'm going to be going to home depot some time in the next few days to get plumbing parts. Does anyone know what fitting to use for the jebao pump? I had seen a video that these pumps need a british threading adapter but cant find them online anywhere.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
if home the 1.5" npt from home depot doesnt work, ill have to check that place out. I've been pushed back a little bit, home depot trip should come on tuesday, plumbing should happen on wednesday and hopefully get some sand and water in the tank by friday.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Also I snapped a few pictures but realized I have no idea where the cord to connect my camera to my computer is, so those uploads are on hold until i find the cord, or if i decide to just use my phone to take some pics.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
ok well im finally getting a little bit of movement going on the tank. setting up the plumbing right now then afterwards ill upload some pics of the work.

Question i have to those with RR tanks, for the plumbing in the compartment, do you point the drain pipe towards the back corner of the tank, or along the baffle towards the side panel of the tank. I was planning on heading towards the back corner because it looked a little nicer.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
And while im at it.... If anyone can tell me how to put words on top of each picture rather than only at the top of the post, I would appreciate it, but as for now, the first 2 are of most of the new stuff i got for the upgrade. 3rd pic is a back wall i added to the back of tony's old stand that way i can secure the manifold hand the 2 brs media reactors i purchased.

Attachments

• DSC02890.jpg
    DSC02890.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 511
  • DSC02891.jpg
    DSC02891.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 518
  • DSC02893.jpg
    DSC02893.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 447

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
To answer some anticipated questions, Yes those are 2 separate pump boxes, i didnt move it. I figured it was worth buying a backup in case one fails I would be SOL.

The skimmer is a skimz 163 dc, the top is on the table right now so its not connected.

and the long box has a 4ft long 12 outlet power strip im going to hand off the back of the tank that way i can keep things nice and neat.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Ok so i ended up searching google and it looked like option A was correct which is the one i liked more anyway, so i put it in that way, tightened down the bulkheads and added 4" of water to the back, so far no leaks, looks good

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Ok heres the work i just did over the past how ever long its been since i last posted. I have all these pieces unglued for now, trying to make sure everything is how i want it before i make it permanent.

So, heres an issue I noticed, I didnt realize the ends of the manifold would come out so far. I can try to trim down the pipe a little more to close the small gaps, but right now theres not too much room to shrink. I wouldnt mind, except they are coming over my fuge compartment. I was thinking maybe putting a longer pipe between the 1st and second valves so i basically span the fuge and continue on the other side.

Also, is 4 ports necessary? I was thinking about maybe cutting it down to 3. Right now i have two reactors for carbon and GFO, and the only other piece of equipment i can see using another port for would be a bio-pellet reactor. So if i got rid of one of those ports, and only had 3 with the longer span over the fuge, i think that would work out well.

Also please be gently on the quality of the pvc work, before today, i have never done any plumbing of any sort. The closest ive ever come to plumbing was hooking up the clear flexible tubing on my 90. :help:

One more thing.... does anyone think i should put another ball valve on the 3/4" pipe heading back to the manifold so i can shut off all the ports at the same time...?

Attachments

• DSC02896.jpg
    DSC02896.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC02897.jpg
    DSC02897.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 493
  • DSC02898.jpg
    DSC02898.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 499

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Well, until i get some feedback, it looks like its break time.

Today's selection is a nice bottle of a belgian style wheat beer that i brewed last summer. Cheers. :beer::shhh::birthday:

Attachments

• DSC02899.jpg
    DSC02899.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 492

Mark2480

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
If you don't want them sticking out as much you can do somthing like this, it will keep it shorter and you can position them to anywhere you want. Just a thought, it's how I have mine set up to save room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 423

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
how far out does that come? I was playing around with what i have, I may try to see what it looks like if i lower them about 2" and tilt them downwards as well at about a 45 angle. I just need to run to home depot quick to grab another 2 ft length of 3/4".

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: