jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks Lissa, it's hard to get tanks to look as good online as they do in person :eek:

one note on the sand. I did add some new sand. I've found that the ESV sand grows
diatoms very well :( perhaps the water quality needs to be better, but after a month
the nice white sand looks brown. I'll be taking it out with water changes and replacing
it as needed.

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I forgot to mention that Lissa came over in the afternoon and helped me aquascape for many hours. having you there made the tedious nature of aquascaping much more fun :) it also helps to have a second set of eyes to guide you while moving corals around in a crowded tank :hug:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
top down plan

the tank is to scale, the rocks and clams might be a bit off,
but this shows how the pillars are placed. there is a lot of room between some of them.

tank.jpg

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks aaron and nick :)
chris I just used $2K worth of software to make the sketch :rolleyes:
vector works to draw the tank to scale, and photoshop cs to draw the rocks, I was not pushing the envelope for either program lol.
I know google has some programs you can download for free, sktechup is one that's good. It's a 3D program, I've not learned it yet but it looks cool.
http://sketchup.google.com/product_suf.html

P

Pedro

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Nice! When it all fills in it will look even better!

I wish i can get my corraline to grow as fast as your's, it seems to have completely covered the back walls already.

Good job!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
pedro, yeah the coraline just blew up on the back wall, it's taking a while to start on the rocks. it's there but it's just little spots.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
lighting update

I added some new lights today.
there's now a mini luminarc on the right and left side, the middle bulb is still on a spider reflector. all the fixtures now have se xm10K 250's

the luminarcs are 12" off the water, thanks to Chris for helping me out with some installation instructions.

this shot is all three xm's, no actinics.

fts new.jpg

the color is a bit flat, I'll take another shot tomorrow

Last edited:
P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Sweet man, thanks. I can see the columns better and now i get a better perspective of the different nooks and crannies. Looking very good!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: