masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Jonathan,
Your tank is maturing amazingly. Congrats my friend.

I agree with Randy, considering what that clam came from, it could look a lot worse. I think you're going to be surprised at its recovery. That poor thing is now in Shangri-La.

swimmer

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks guys,
the new clam seems to be happy, it's extending it's mantle
as far as it can. I'll have some new pics tomorrow.

by the way I got the PO4 down to .02, just another .005 to go to hit my target of .015

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
po4 update

well since my last posting I had been feeding the tank pretty heavy with phyto, rotifers, and a bunch of other things. one side effect was the po4 jumping to .09. I stopped feeding for a week to see what would happen.

I'm happy to say the Po4 has dropped down to .03. this is great evidence that the rowaphos in the tlf reactor kicks ass.

tankwater.jpg

I also tested the out put from my RO/DI direct into my tank

all I can say is :party:

ro:di.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
crazy SPS PE

I've been away for a week and came back to some happy SPS.
They always have some PE but today seemed more than usual.

yellow table.jpg

craola.jpg

craola close.jpg

vermic.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
some really nice colonies from greenwich aquaria

I picked these up about 2 weeks ago.
they have kept their colors and have grown in my tank.
the colors are real subtle, the yellow is a light shade of canary, and the other one is a lavender grey. they both have small white polyps.
I have to say Jason has the best acro's I've seen in a store. there's so many it hard trying to decide which ones you want to take home.

sorry about the dirty glass. I've not had time to clean the tank as I would like to. I do everything but scrape the glass :happysad:

yellowga acro.jpg

yellow ga acro.jpg

lavander ga acro.jpg

grey ga acro.jpg

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Was looking through yout "My Tank" page and notice that you had a Glass Cages tank. I have seen some mixed reviews about them. What is your opinion?

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
You need to get away more often if you get more polyp extension when you're gone, lol.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Was looking through yout "My Tank" page and notice that you had a Glass Cages tank. I have seen some mixed reviews about them. What is your opinion?

I'd say they are hit or miss. As long as you are not going to see the corners it's a good choice as they are economical.

but if your tank will be in full view I'd probably spend the money and get something that's perfect,

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
You need to get away more often if you get more polyp extension when you're gone, lol.

It's TRUE, this demonstrates Keep Your Hands Out Of The Tank!

the tank always looks good when I come back after a week or two. As long as someone is around to feed the fish and check on the tank I'm comfortable leaving it alone for three weeks at a time. you also get to see more growth :D

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I'd say they are hit or miss. As long as you are not going to see the corners it's a good choice as they are economical.

but if your tank will be in full view I'd probably spend the money and get something that's perfect,

I am looking for a tank to put inwall, you will not see any of the sides or the seems from the front.

I got a quote from them, it came to a little over $800 by the time I got in my door for a 180 gallon, two overflows and Starphire front panel. Which is very economical, I just get nervous when economical borders on cheap.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I will say this, I've never heard of a glass cages tank leaking.
most of the complaints are that they use too much silicone ;)
they are just a little rough around the edges that's all. for an inwall tank they are perfect.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: