vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Your old way vio the suffering reactor ..thing works great
Glad to hear that, i just build another one ,in stand of 3 , only one ( bigger ) works great , i got 35 fishes , my NO3 close to 4 ppm, i still dose a little Vinegar ,until the Reactor fully take over, i keep seeds with some bacteria , until woks by him self , i use to have problems, with effluent , the 1/4 hose keep clogging the little adjusting valve , also those lift up pumps keep falling, then i decide to run a 1/4 inch hose direct from display tank by gravity , i put a piece of sponge around hose to make sure NO detritus will build up in the adjusting vale , so far works great , zero maintenance on reactor , mine is fully open on top , i use very small pump to avoid , worming up the water in reactor, also use low flow , powerful pumps , kill bacteria and worm up the water ( like those in market ) you know they are to large grope of Bacteria, aerobic and anaerobic , some need oxygen , second not, i guess works very well with the ones need oxygen , NOT to mention , those ( market) close loop fail so easy, i guess that way so many refers got discourage to use this kind the filter, i use dif. brands of bacteria, i love it.

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Glad to hear that, i just build another one ,in stand of 3 , only one ( bigger ) works great , i got 35 fishes , my NO3 close to 4 ppm, i still dose a little Vinegar ,until the Reactor fully take over, i keep seeds with some bacteria , until woks by him self , i use to have problems, with effluent , the 1/4 hose keep clogging the little adjusting valve , also those lift up pumps keep falling, then i decide to run a 1/4 inch hose direct from display tank by gravity , i put a piece of sponge around hose to make sure NO detritus will build up in the adjusting vale , so far works great , zero maintenance on reactor , mine is fully open on top , i use very small pump to avoid , worming up the water in reactor, also use low flow , powerful pumps , kill bacteria and worm up the water ( like those in market ) you know they are to large grope of Bacteria, aerobic and anaerobic , some need oxygen , second not, i guess works very well with the ones need oxygen , NOT to mention , those ( market) close loop fail so easy, i guess that way so many refers got discourage to use this kind the filter, i use dif. brands of bacteria, i love it.
They work great yes I remeber u had 2 water jugs that u converted into sulfur reactors .I have alot of fish and feed heavy also .with out the reactor my nitrates would be high

• Love
Reactions: vio

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Yes , they work,
Some reefer say .......................is only NO3 ..........is NONE sense ..............Denitrification Bacteria needs both NO3 and PO4 also source of Carbon ( Vodka, Vinegar ,Vitamin C, as a source of Carbon, etc.) to multiply. or seed, manually.
The idea to build those Sulfur Reactor Filter is NOT mine 100% , 30 years ago i got one German Filter, i just try to fully understand how works. In that time i use API NO3 ( i guess only one around) .
I use to have 75 Gal. tank, my nitrates was up to the sky ( 60-80 ppm) i was surprise the reactor ,drop ZERO on output, the only problem was , the size of reactor ........was to small for my demand,
I improve that ,lol.
The main point is this................is so nice and easy when u have steady NO3 , then PO4 eventually balance , if u have 2 deal with PO4 , if .............needs.
And of course , the KEY is....................stability .................i know u know that , lol.............u will never ever, have a tank ...............so........NICE.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: