Duke62 180 rebuild!!! Going to teach these PA reefers how it's done

duke62

Rating - 100%
223   0   0
So the CO2 was depleting my DI very fast. 125 gallons of 2 chambers of DI were exhausted from co2. So what I had to do was take apart the DI hoses from the membrane carbon block and sediment filter and drain that water into a 35 gallon container. Using a bubbler and a pinch of Kalk I managed to raise that waters ph in 24 hrs. I then had to hook up another sediment filter to remove the solid kalk then plumb into the DI resin. Using a mag7 I pumped the container water through the sediment filter and into the DI. After 30 gallons of water through the resin I have noticed no DI being exhausted. It was complicated but I think I solved my low co2/ph problem

Attachments

duke62

Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Water station

Water station is done. Top is for water changes. I just open the valve and water goes into my sump. Lower is for top off. I put them in the unfinished area of the basement to give me more room inside the fishtank room. One day I?ll upgrade containers. Right now this works perfectly fine :)

Attachments

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 96.3%
79   3   0
That's kind a strange that they wouldn't start to fall after 2 weeks. Have you tried a different test kit? Also, do you still have ammonia in the tank?