Duke62 180 rebuild!!! Going to teach these PA reefers how it's done

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 96.3%
79   3   0
I think what I would do at this point is add some more ammonia, or a source of ammonia, from there you can check all your levels again. You should see movement in your levels.

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I know I have been second guessed and criticized for it but the raw shrimp method works. At this ppoint in time would it hurt anything in the system?

duke62

Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I put in 2 clown fish on Thursday with some snails and checked nitrites today. They have dropped to .50. About time lol. I think I?m good. Thought I did something wrong. Have t cycled a tank in 10 years lol

piranhapat

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
James, I'm following this thread see how your coral going to take. I was unable to hold on my sps in early stage on just dry rock new set up. Even with Alk, Cal, Mag were perfect. After research some people didn't have success. Until some coralline algae or sponges start growing. Good luck go with the hardy coral first. I'm now in my 9 month I should be ready now but going to wait since I'll be going on vacation. It's the price I paid to keep pest free tank. I never realized how much live rock played. Also BB with starboard on bottom.

duke62

Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I?m dosing 2 different types of bacteria. These are just tester corals. I won?t add any more for at least a month then just add some LPS till I see some coraline growth

duke62

Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Little update. Acros I bought at reefapalooza doing very well, encrusting and some growth. Bought a few more a few weeks ago and they are all doing very well besides 2 that didn?t make the dipping in revive that bleached out minutes after the dip and died. Getting small spots of coraline growth now so going to start adding a lot more

bonomo53

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Little update. Acros I bought at reefapalooza doing very well, encrusting and some growth. Bought a few more a few weeks ago and they are all doing very well besides 2 that didn?t make the dipping in revive that bleached out minutes after the dip and died. Getting small spots of coraline growth now so going to start adding a lot more

You should switch over to bayer dip a lot less harsh on the acros and kills pretty much everything.

duke62

Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Yeah I have it. I forgot I did though lol. Dosing the hell out of the tank with bacteria I?m thinking this is why the acros are doing well in such a new tank

duke62

Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Sure. Added more acros to the tank. The ones I added days after the cycle have encrusted and grew. Tank is producing a ton of coraline algae already. Fish seems all healthy.

vio

Rating - 98.9%
270   3   0
Sure. Added more acros to the tank. The ones I added days after the cycle have encrusted and grew. Tank is producing a ton of coraline algae already. Fish seems all healthy.
If, you got time , stop by , i will give some frags, fresh cut , not sure about W.D or H.W. lol.

duke62

Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I know it looks nothing like my old tank yet but I am happy with how my tank is doing. A little Dino?s which I?m handling.

Attachments

Featured Sponsors