fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
OH, you have a 90 too! I was referring to Scarf_ace but it seems like everyone has a 90. I wish I had the 4ft lenght, no tangs for me :(

I plan on doing some chromis and anthias once I get this going.

I'll check out your thread tonight.

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Some Updates:

I got just about everything done with the setup over the weekend. Water is finally in and getting up to temperature... I don't know if a 200w heater is going to do it, we'll see.

The burst pipe is fixed in the garage so I could start making some more water. I'm waiting on the parts for the skimmer to arrive so I can start dialing that in.

Pics:

This is the holding tank I have setup in the bathroom... Willow, our cat just got done doing water tests.
tank004.jpg

Water is still a bit cloudy, but I just added some carbon to hopefully clean it up a bit.
tank005.jpg

Still waiting on the Tunze 6055
tank006.jpg

Looking in front
tank007.jpg

Frame I dremeled out for the RK2, the Switches are for the lights in the kitchen... I had to move them from the wall behind the tank.
tank008.jpg

Right side of stand
tank009.jpg

Front... looking up at the electrical
tank010.jpg

Overflow - I need to quiet it down a bit. The hole is a bit too large so I'm getting a deep gargling noise.
tank011.jpg

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
WOW very nice, this tank is kick ass.

Not to hijack but since you used acrylic do happen to know how to buff it?

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
DUDE!!! This tank Rocks. I love the fact that you followed through on something that 99.9% of us dont. Clean cables :D I hope to see this setup in person one day!!

I have to agree with two Lumis over one unit. Very well chosen!!

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Nice setup. I especially love the doors on all three sides of the stand. Brilliant idea I'm going to use some day.

If you drilled your durso hole too large you can superglue in a old plastic airline needle valve. Sometimes (not always) you can use the valve to dial it in perfectly.

B

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for all of the nice comments.

SteveO: Do you mean buffing during the build process or buffing out scratches... If it's just scratches I have a kit that works well although you definately need to put some elbow grease in. There are about 15 different grades of grit paper to use in progression. Outcome is nice but takes a long time.

Herman... I have to fix up the electrical in the stand a bit but it's difficult to work in there. Stop by whenever you'd like, I'm about 5 miles from Atlantis Marine World in Riverhead, NY

Bad Coffee - I'll see what I can do with the durso, I like the idea with the valve although they always seem to get clogged up with dust... at least that was my experience with venturis in the past.

Kathy - better the cat sit there and watch than take a swim. I have to keep the cat out of the bathroom... as well as the dog as he tries to drink the water.

I think I'm going to buy a dosing pump today... thinking about the aquamedic (twin) unit for my calc and alk. The spectrapures look nice too but a lot of money.

My heater doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard... I have a titanium tube 200w now... would it be better to get a 2nd 200w for safety or get a single 300 - 400w. I've never had a heater fail (knock on wood) but there's always the chance.

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You and me both! I'm anxious to get everything moved over, but if I've learned anything in my 3 years of reefing, patience is key.

I need some stocking suggestions:
Currently I have -
(1) False Perc
(1) Six Line Wrasse
(1) Neon Dottyback

I'm thinking
(5) Green Chromis
(3) Disbar Anthias
A couple gobies (unsure yet)
(1) Dwarf Angel (Leaning towards an Eibli)
(1) Spotted Mandarin Dragonette (down the road)

I'd love a tang but the 3ft length is pushing it and I'm not sure I want a yellow or purple tang.

Also, where do you buy Dow Flakes on LI?

Last edited:

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Personally I would not stock that tank with a 6 line, it'll be a pain to get it out when it goes psycho which has happen to quite a few people including myself.
Also I would stay away from any angel fish because of their nature to peck at corals.
Everything else sounds good.
How bout a clown tang like my avatar, I know they get much bigger, but they're so cool. You could always catch it later on when they get too big.
FYI they have them at Aquarium Adventure.
Not sure about the Dow Flakes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: