inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Do all sixlines get aggressive? I've had him for over a year with no signs of any agression. The dottyback heckled him at first but they get along fine now.

Six lines are notorious for going postal out of the blue.
I guess when they reach a certain age they assert their aggression to dominate the tank, even if they are the smallest fish :scratchch
I had mine for almost 2 years and couldn't add a single fish to the tank (12g nano cube).

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I guess he's out then, there's nothing worse than tearing apart the tank to catch a fish.

My wife is excited... she'd like to know what kind of "bopper" wrasse we can add? She's a :bunny:

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks... I just used a blank 2din box cover and cut it with a dremel... just BE CAREFUL! when you put it up not to drop it in the process on the wood floor and break it :( good thing I bought a 2nd blank.

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I made the switch over today! Everything seems to be opening up nicely.

I have some GSP, a bunch of Zoas, a few heads of ricordia on a rock of red shrooms, and some xenia if anyone wants them. I don't want anything for them, pick up only.

Pics to come tomorrow, hopefully I'll be getting the pieces for my skimmer so I can get that running.

Also, found out that the NanoStream 6055s aren't going to be shipped until the first week in april... then however long it takes to get here and shipped out. I have a big nasty MagDrive 9.5 sitting in the tank now for some flow.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I know that it might be early yet, but how do you like the reeflux 175s. I have two Ushio 10Ks over a 65, and I am not happy with my current bulbs. I hear that the reeflux realy make SPS colors pop.

I was thinking about the Reeflux but heard that the 175's are not as nice color wise as the 250s.

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Meshaefer - So far I'm on the fence about the bulbs. I realize they're still burning in and will whiten up but they're very blue. I'm running the 12,000k bulbs. The floresence on the pinks and greens almost look fake as compared to my old lighting.

They are also my first Single Ended bulbs (not sure if that makes a difference) I still need to give the bulbs a chance since the water was still cloudy for the 10 minutes I had them on after the switch.

I'll try to take some pics once the water is clear to see if I can capture what I'm talking about.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Meshaefer - So far I'm on the fence about the bulbs. I realize they're still burning in and will whiten up but they're very blue. I'm running the 12,000k bulbs. The floresence on the pinks and greens almost look fake as compared to my old lighting.

They are also my first Single Ended bulbs (not sure if that makes a difference) I still need to give the bulbs a chance since the water was still cloudy for the 10 minutes I had them on after the switch.

I'll try to take some pics once the water is clear to see if I can capture what I'm talking about.

What was your old lighting?

Granted you need to let them burn in awile, and let your tank settle it, but when you say that the greens and pinks almost look "fake", is this a good thing? What about blues and reds?

The complaints that I had heard about he 175 Reefluxs was that they appeared very dim.

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Took some pics of the tank tonight. Water is still pretty clouded up, hopefully it'll clear up soon. Corals are still recovering.

tank013.jpg

tank014.jpg

tank015.jpg

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Finally got my skimmer working correctly tonight. Unfortunately due to the height restriction I need to run my MRC MR-2 return under water. Not optimal for consistancy. I got it tame tonight using a filter sock with a draw string and it seems to have worked perfectly.

My wife talked me into getting a few fish today... going against everything I've learned in the hobby... no rushing. I got suckered in anyway. We picked up an Eibli Angel and 5 Green Chromis (about 1"), and a cleaner shrimp.

Unfortunately my Arabian Dottyback went haywire and killed my 2yr old sixline last night so I'm struggling to get the dottyback out before adding the fish I bought today. They're just hanging out in the fuge for now. If anyone has any tips to get him out... I'm using a water bottle with the top reversed with some mysis in there... so far only my Nassarius snails have found there way in there.

Also got my dosing pump all hooked up tonight, and the new heater rigged.

I think I'm officially done with the hardware / setup end of the tank!!!

I'll take some pics tomorrow.

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Tank Pics -

tank016.jpg

Right Side
tank017.jpg

Left Side
tank018.jpg

I gave up trying to catch the dottyback the civil way so today I tore the tank apart and re-aquascaped, I like it better now anyway. New peaceful fish are in and the tank seems to be running 100%.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: