fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Mandarin fry are extermely difficult to raise in captivity. Maybe someday it'll be easier for the hobbiest to do so.

I only have a 3ft tank so my options are pretty limited to the species of tang I can keep long term so I'm not really considering it an option. I think I'm going to go the Wrasse route once I'm convinced everything in the tank is completely healthy and I find the ones I'm looking for1... looks
good so far.

The clam was $35 at the frag swap.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Glad to hear the ich may be gone... Ich is a very misunderstood disease . To give you an example , many years ago I read studies that were done in Labs where using sterile tanks ,they dropped the temp in the tank very quickly and the fish all broke out with Ich. This led them to the obvious conclusion that Ich is always present in the water column. I tried to find an article to back this up since I'm sure many won't agree with it but all I could find was this one article referring to the ich parasite.

PREVENTION.. It should be stated here that most workers in the field of fish pathology believe that these protozoans are present in all bodies of water and in a resting (latent) state within most fishes but only become active when fishes are exposed to stress or otherwise weakened. It is believed that the protozoan is introduced in a set up tank through new and not quarantined acquisitions. It is always wise to quarantine your fish for four weeks and use a white-spot remedy during this period. Washing newly purchased plants under running water may also protect your tanks.

I think I read the same article and I truly believe that theory.

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
I have ich now! I dunno wat to do im confused lol. I need to get that rodi tomorrow and a better protien skimmer. I have the sea clone 100 now people say its bad. and better lights. what kind of lighting are you using? recommend any for me?

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Pick up some Kent Garlic Extreme and soak the foods in that for an hour or so before feeding... only 2 - 3 drops per feeding.

What are you feeding them? and What kind of fish are they?

I'm using 12k Reeflux 175w MHs (electronic ballasts) on lumenarc minis reflectors. Are you looking for a fixture or to retrofit?

Like I've said before, you need to get those fish to a more stable tank.

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just went to check up on my new bubble from the swap and decided to take some night shots of the tank.

tank079.jpg

tank080.jpg

tank081.jpg

tank082.jpg

tank083.jpg

tank084.jpg

tank085.jpg

tank086.jpg

tank087.jpg

tank088.jpg

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Some updated shots.

I finally got my Tunze 7095 with 2x NanoStream 6055. No more big ugly Mag7 sitting in the display raising my temps.

Nothing too much else is new. This morning I did a 20g water change with NSW from an inlet for the first time. Thanks for showing me the way Will! The corals are responding very well to it.

I was battling temp problems a few weeks ago, but a simple 6" clip on fan in the sump did the trick.. amazing how well that works. I was about a click away from ordering a chiller but figured I'd give it a shot. Tank is a stable 81 now.

My wife and I have a lot of vacations coming up for the summer so I'm going to wait until the end of July to add any more fish.

To the pictures!

tank093.jpg

tank094.jpg

tank095.jpg

tank096.jpg

tank097.jpg

Perfect example why you want alternating flow. lol
tank098.jpg

tank099.jpg

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
was just looking at a few growth pics... I didn't realize how much they grew...

March 8th (tank 2 weeks old)
tank039.jpg

Today (June 10) - almost 4 months old
tank093.jpg

Last edited:

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks

Anyone know why some stalks of the same frag of SPS will grow while others wont?

I don't know the names... but two frags of acros (one blue, one green with blue tips on the left) half of it is growing like crazy while the other half doesn't seem to be doing anything.

fluidimagery

There's more to life...
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
:( don't remind me... the angel too.

I made the poor decision to try treat them when I thought they had ich... wound up killing them in the process. About 2 months ago. Some things are just better left alone. If I had just left them in the tank and not try to "help" them I would've saved myself a lot of heartbreak, money and time. The bonus is they probably would've all been fine.

Regarding the frags... it's strange... one of the pieces I'm talking about is the one in front of the green stag in the back left center. In the first pic you'll see the frag (small and symetrical). then in the second you'll see the growth I'm talking about, but the left "stalk" refuses to grow. I'm almost tempted to clip the top of it to see if it'll regrow.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've made friends with the little acro crab I got on that pink millie from you Ronen lol.

Yeah he was cool. We used to sit in the kitchen together and have beer :biggrinpa

BTW the colony looks amazing ,along with everything else in your tank ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: