Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
From now on you are known in the reef world as "el Majico"......

Awesome Fish!!!!!!

:lol2:

Well the tank has gone through some changes after fragging almost all of my gorgs and seafans.

I removed the following fish:

2 Oyster Toadfish
1 Orange Toadfish
1 Scorpion Fish
1 Orange Filefish
1 Vlamingi Tang
1 Spotted Boxfish (this fish needed a QT period)

I will be removing more fish so I can collect their eggs easier (hard to do in a 120 with the current stock). I am also trying to remove a Gold Spotted Rabbitfish as it has grown significantly. It will be put in a larger system.

Last edited:

Bklynreefdude

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
true inspiration

Dom:

Just finished your thread, wow. Like many others I am at a loss for words. Really amazing slice of reef, reminds me of Scuba diving off the Yucatan. I'm really impressed at how "natural" things look and will study your pics over and over again. I hope maybe some time I can come see your setup personally.

Matt

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Thanks guys. I keep the glass clean with a Kent Marine Scraper :)

Matt, Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately ellebelle came over last Friday and took the last pics of the tank with corals in it. I'm moving in June so I took all of the corals out and placed them in holding tanks last Saturday :( Give me till July and it should be back up and running :)

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
This is what my tank looks like now:

tank.jpg

Bklynreefdude

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
moving

Wow, OK then, well thanks for posting all those great shots, a really good resource. I lay awake at night thinking about the day I'll have to move again, last time took 13 solid hours from start to finish, ugh. Good Luck!

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
My goal was to raise the R. ercodes but since finding their fry the proper food seems impossible I was looking for a new project. Turns out my tomentosus laid eggs and I was able to gather them rather easily.

The eggs were laid in a difficult spot to take quality photos so I tried to capture the divot in the sand where the eggs were laid.

FEMALE GUARDING EGGS:

Picture3810.jpg

Picture3816.jpg

Picture3823.jpg

EGGS UNDER MICROSCOPE:

BTFFEGGS.jpg

BTFFEGGSII.jpg

BTFFEGGSIII.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: