assembled on Site. Components built Out of Country
*All round design
*Eurobracing
*Center Overflow
*Motorized Tank Rotation
*Auto Glass Cleaning
*Sump 200G in basement
*Custom Build Canopy and matching Stand Stainless Steel
*Mechanized Up and Down Canopy for access to the tank (not designed for lighting effects)
2 x 250 DE MH
2 x 400 SE MH
4 x T5 Actnic 05
2 x T5 10000K
*ATO RO/DI
*Calcium Reactor
*DO NOT DOSE other Supplements
*All water flowcome from a return pump of 3800 GPH
*Skimmer

Complete setup Estimated to weight 6000lb over 5 feet diameter

Complete system designed by consultant Steven

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Reserved for Pics

Reserved for Pics

350GRoundCustomBuildTankDuringAssemblyonSitePicturecopy.jpg

350GRoundCustomBuildTankDuringAssemblyonSiteTopViewPicture001copy.jpg

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=11506

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
is this the tank that rotates? this is amazing. but it looks like it's in the corner of the room.
wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the circle tank?

Dude, if the tank rotates it really does not matter where you put it. If youre stationary, you get to see the whole thing :sgrin:

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
The tank does rotate. The rotation has 3 major purposes:

1)The house is not big enough for a 5 feet round tank to sit in the middle of the room, so the rotation will slowly bring out the "back" of the tank to the viewer.

2)It was designed to mimic the angles of the sunlight from day to night and vice versa

3)The tank will rotate while the light is stationary thus making a lighting effect not to stay stationary and minimize fix directional growth of some SPS.

The next design will include variable speed to mimic the cloud shading effects. Current implementation is fixed speed due to durability issue of the motor. During making of this prototype, variable speed will shorten the life of the motor which defeat the purpose of automation. I expect variable speed will be incorporated in the next 10 feet round tank in couple months. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
hahaha i was thinking i could race a fish swimming aound the tank :biglaugh:

Funny that I do call this type of round tanks with center overflow as racetracks. I found that fish living in racetrack type tanks(does not have to be round/ could be rounded square with center overflow) seems to swim much more freely than a tank that forces them to turn back from one side to the other.

Last edited:

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Funny that I do call this type of round tanks with center overflow as racetracks. I found that fish living in racetrack type tanks(does not have to be round/ could be square with center overflow) seems to swim much more freely than a tank that forces them to turn back from one side to the other.

If you built a rock column all the way to the surface, you could create the same effect :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: