Status
Not open for further replies.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
wuts the orange ployp encrusting in the pic ?
img_8338a.jpg

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Sorry to inform that my tank crashed today. I have removed whoever I could to a QT container, going to work on a large wc and a carbon change in the AM. Sorry, more info in the morning when I can get some supplies and some time to work on this problem. I rescaped the other day removing some things and stirring up lots of stuff. And when I got home from a wake tonite there was no power going to the living room. I checked the breakers and there was no trip. So I took the cover plate off of the light switch and realized that the tape that kept the switch from turning off was gone and the switch was turned off.

My guess is that either the realtor that showed my place this morning or the person who was looking at the place took the tape off and tried to see if the switch worked but never turned it back on. I had left the windows cracked as well when I left this morning as well. Battery backup must have run for hours then died with nobody home to hear it beeping there was nothing I could do. Either way the backup only powers the skimmer and 2 koralia nano's for circulation.

Long story short, my tank is as cloudy as hell and I am not enthusiastic about the outcome. My clowns and goby are in a container with a heater and a PH and doing ok for now. The green mushroom they hosted that I got from dean 3 years ago is not looking good and might be my fouling reason. Nitrates are through the roof, all other parameters are :bunnies: ed too.

Updates tomorrow.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Brendan, I'm distraught with you. Please call me NOW if you need me to bring buckets, heaters, powerheads, whatever you need.

You know I'm there in a heartbeat bro. Give me a call, I'm waiting for you.

R

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Guys thanks, I have done what I can for now. Being taught by the best that MR has to offer I have pumps, Tubs and heaters as backup and everything has been QT's that can be QT's. TThe only thing I can't find is my yellow coris but I am not going sand sifting tonite without gloves available.
\

Russ sending PM now.

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brendan, I regret what happened and cross fingers for the recovery of everything you managed to save as well as for the system. Your good and will certainly be back on track very soon and I look forward for that. MR = :grouphug:

All the best...I'm crossing fingers for you and...Chief...Brendan...any question, doubt...well you know like recently we wrote to one another ... I'm here.

All the best and may this bad moment be rapidly overcome and be converted into a further and ever better reef keeping.

Pedro Nuno:grouphug:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
This is a case of true laziness. I have been taking the switch out, capping the wires and capping the switch hole with a cover for the last 5 years. The parts are sitting right there next to it :(

Thanks for all of the wishes guys. Starting to take inventory now. Tank is slowly getting less cloudy need to change the carbon soon and a large WC. Testing is going to have to wait for now I just woke up and after sitting watching the tank for most of the nite in disbelief I need a severe caffeine jolt before I go near any chemicals.

Rick I was thinking the same thing but only one problem setting the new one up. Selling this place and setting up a new tank aren't going to work well hand in hand.

BTW the wife knows nothing about why the tank crashed just that it did don't need the "I told you so" from her, especially not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: