cbui2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5-15: ok some more work done today and here are the updates.
first thing was to assemble all 3 LM3 reflectors which my 3yrs. old baby volunteer to help and how convenience that the guy sell them on ---- is located down here and had them hand delivered to me. next was to cut aluminum to fit the slides which I had to be extra careful to have the holes drilled just right if not the slides will not work properly even if I am off about 1/4" or so. of course I am not completely done yet and extra supports will also be installed to hold them in place making them more sturdy since I cant afford to have any mistake as kids are around the house. MH are powered by 3 PFO Single HQI 400watts ballast w/14k hamilton. these babies are so bright it feel like I have no roof just direct sunlight.
5-15.jpg

5-15a.jpg

5-15b.jpg

5-15e.jpg

5-15f.jpg

cbui2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5-18: ok finished LA3 rack and additional modifications was added to secure all fixtures. 1st 1.5" x 1/8" thick aluminum angle was the main support to hold LA3 in place. 2nd 2x4 was added to top, back and sides to support the entire light canopy making it slides so much easier since the 3/4" plywood was removed due to any heat build up therefore making it lighter. 3rd 1" x 1/8" thick aluminum angle and 1x2 white pine was added to support the LM3 from moving no more than 1/8" either way so MH fixtures would not fall down while sliding rack is in motion. 4th LA3 will also be secure from the top just in case fixtures do ever fall down and hopefully it will not get that far.
5-18.jpg

5-18b.jpg

5-18e.jpg

5-18f.jpg

cbui2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5-22: ok here are some more updates that I just completed. 2x4 and 3/4" plywood treated w/poly was constructed to finished the shelves for total of 6 PFO HQI Single 400w and 2 IC 660.
5-22.jpg

5-22a.jpg

Tradewind 1.5HP 18,000BTU also made it here. I will begin forming the area needed to be done then concrete can be poured and the rest of plumbing can be done this weekend. after this i will be starting on my QT's setup which should only take couple days to build the stand then i will finally start making ro water.
5-23.jpg

5-23a.jpg

200gal ro/di reservoir
200gal.jpg

the vho's on each end will not be installed just the middle.
3 LM3 w/20k radium (rear), 3 reef optix v w/14k hamilton (front), and 8 36" URI super atinics space between the LM3 and reef optix v.
topview.jpg

cbui2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5-29: these are the lastest updates, since it has been raining i guess indoor working for me. hopefully weather will be good next few days so i can start on my chiller and getting area prep and concrete can be poured. today got a chance to build the stands for QT tank (135gal middle) and continuous water change sump (90gal below) and top shelf is for storage. QT tank will be equipped with 2 hang-on refugium w/protein skimmer. Aqua Medic 4 dosing pump will be in charge of auto top-off and continuous water changes. with 2 hang-on filters heavy feeding will be performed to get all the babies in tip top shape. also continuous water change will make it so much easier thus less work for me getting my hands dirty and all left to do is turn ball valve when water change sump gets low. i feel that introducing small amount of water into the system will make all fishes happy and they might not even noticed the change.
5-29.jpg

5-29a.jpg

5-29b.jpg

5-29c.jpg

cbui2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5-30: Ok here are some more updates, and manage to get some work done after coming home. sod was removed all along the wall. using 2x4 w/3" wood screws to support the outer wall and 2x6 for inner. This was much better to support than the regular stakes sold at HD, also foam expansion joint boards will be used along the back wall and step. next brick will be spreaded out evenly at the bottom to raise wire mesh up in place than rebar will be place above the mesh which will be tied together to make it more durable since generator and chiller will add about 1500 lbs. slope is from back to front making sure so no puddles are visible and of course mosquito heaven too. slab area is 12'L x 38"W and approximately 6"-7" of concrete will be poured using concrete mixer which holds about 5 80lbs bag.
5-30.jpg

cbui2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6-1: ok some more updates for final preparation to be poured on sunday. concrete mixer that hold 5 80lbs bag will be used to make things a little easier. broken center blocks were used to hold mesh in place and plastic sheet.
6-1a.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this setup is gonna be awesome, cant wait to see it up and running!

looks like an expensive endeavor...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very awesome.

That's a ton of work that you have done in a relatively short period of time.

Nothing beats a built-in. ;)

Louey

cbui2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you all for your kind comments,
ok here are some more updates, yesterday was prep day moving 30 bags concrete, mixer, water and etc. i need to do the job site which made it so much easier then trying to accomplished it all in one day.
started sunday morning 8am mixing 2 bags at a time then pouring the concrete in placed and spread it out evenly to the end.
6-3a.jpg

finished 10:30am
6-3c.jpg

got a chance to uncrate chiller, here are some pic's.
Tradewind 1.5hp 18,000BTU
6-3e.jpg

6-3f.jpg

6-3g.jpg

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
huh? what?? holy cow! I can't believe what I am watching unfold here! Great professional job here! great pics very clear and consise! thanks for all your pictures! welcome aboard!!!

this going to be a chiclid tank? just kiddin...

cbui2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you all for kind comments, and here are some more updates

1000lbs live caribsea bahamas oolite was ordered last week and 500lbs live haitian rocks hand picked with same day shipping :D. i had my friend came by and help me aquascape since there were couple big pc's that was impossible to lift by myself 90lbs :eek1:

6-8.jpg

6-8a.jpg

6-9o.jpg

their setup which is 15,000gal pool is totally awesome and had to take a few photos of course. i have never seen a massive-fractionator (210 gal skimmer) before in my life which also had self cleaning capabilities :eek: simply amazing just speechless and a trip to remember

here are some pic's :eek2: :eek1:
6-9e.jpg

6-9l.jpg

cbui2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are some more pic's, tank is still cloudy. i'm still about a week out on filling the rest of the tanks. sump and skimmer is next in line to fill then QT, fuge and last fuge.
this is not the final setting and few pc's around will be moved around but time will tell.

total of 7 caves, these rocks are truly amazing with ton of shapes, sizes, character and less density than many other.

middle
6-10M.jpg

6-10mm.jpg

right side
6-10R.jpg

left side
6-10L.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: