Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Looking good A.

For the drain ,you can just turn the strainer up towards the surface of the water and or extend it up with a piece of pipe.

2 thing that concern me. the window the tank is next too. It might cause the tank to swing temp. and is that a radiator. if so that may heat the tank in the winter. just keep an eye out so it doesn side track you

Hope all is welll. looks great cant wait to see the fish swim in it ,they have a mini pool now

Ronen

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Looking good A.

For the drain ,you can just turn the strainer up towards the surface of the water and or extend it up with a piece of pipe.

2 thing that concern me. the window the tank is next too. It might cause the tank to swing temp. and is that a radiator. if so that may heat the tank in the winter. just keep an eye out so it doesn side track you

Hope all is welll. looks great cant wait to see the fish swim in it ,they have a mini pool now

Ronen

Ro, my thoughts exactly! I was just thinking the same thing. Test again with the drain & return more in the upwards direction.
Window is not a problem, only gets morning sun at an angle. The 75g was in the same place with no problems. Actually my 155 gets more sun, and that one is way across the room.:eek1:
Radiators I found out in my old house are not that big a deal with larger tanks. Had my 75 right up against a radiator in the old house, and again no problems.

Good looking out though! Much appreciated thanks.

Fish are all out in the open as of this morning. Took the Majestic the longest to adjust to it's new surroundings.:smile:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
182   0   0
WOW ,that great , If my tank was next to the window up here ,Ide be making soup :(

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Just a couple of thoughts..not sure if it matters in a tank that large but I recall that 2 Pygmy Angels (the Flame you already have and the Coral Beauty you want) don't necessarily get along with each other. The Flame is supposed to be introduced last.

And double check that the Koralias can work with a Wavemaker .

Looking great A! More pics? :)

...I see you've become 'A' now to many...lol

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Just a couple of thoughts..not sure if it matters in a tank that large but I recall that 2 Pygmy Angels (the Flame you already have and the Coral Beauty you want) don't necessarily get along with each other. The Flame is supposed to be introduced last.

That flame no longer exist. The plan is to introduce the Coral Beauty first, then the Flame.:rolleyes:

Haven't decided on the Koralias, probably go for the cheapest since it is only a fowlr, and I'm getting 4.

Peeps don't want to type 5 letter's.

Ro, I'm by the sea with lots of breeze. And the sun comes up behind my house, and sets in the front of my house. That is why I can get away with it.:lol_large

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
So! How much flow do I need in a 120 FOWLR? As in total GPH, per please!

And do you think a 20L is sufficient sump for it? 72" X 18", and the drain being 3.5" from the top.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I know Cali, ideally I need a 20g.long(which 1eyeJack is housed in temporarily). That wet/dry only holds appx.17g. Once the turtle goes back into the 30g, then I can commandear the 20gl for a better sump.:biggrin:

Mark, my reef is bigger 155 Bow. And my pool is even bigger 8,000g.:flower:

A

you can turn your pool into a shark lagoon!!:eek:rangehat

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So! How much flow do I need in a 120 FOWLR? As in total GPH, per please!

And do you think a 20L is sufficient sump for it? 72" X 18", and the drain being 3.5" from the top.

72*18*3.5 it's a little less than 20g so a 20L (or 5g) is small. Do you mean 20g? BTW I am glad everything worked out and the tank looks good.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0

Kathy

I have in my 120 a CB and a lemonpeel. I put them in my tank within a week and they are inseparable buddies.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Omega, the 120 is in the far corner between the side & front window where the 75 fowlr was. Next to the sectional, across from the TV. Hope that helps you invision it better. But why try to invision, when you & yours always welcomed in our home.

Crox, I would think we are all intelligent folks here, and would know 20L is short for 20 gallons long vs 20 gallon high!

Wingo LEDs

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks Wingo, I'll let you know after I try the 20.

Anything on the Black Volitan?

When I don't mention it, you know I don't have it. Sorry. I am still in the midst of moving and renovating the cafe, shutting down more tanks. Too scare to order any new LS in the mean time. I make sure no one takes your coral beauty away though. it has been with me since day one of the tank. It looks as if he's a model citizen too.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
When I don't mention it, you know I don't have it. Sorry. I am still in the midst of moving and renovating the cafe, shutting down more tanks. Too scare to order any new LS in the mean time. I make sure no one takes your coral beauty away though. it has been with me since day one of the tank. It looks as if he's a model citizen too.

[originaly quoted by Wingo]BTW, whatever I say here may be a lie too.]

So how do I know this is not a lie?:lol_large:biglaugh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: