A

Anonymous

Funny thing is the guy made that frag for me when in was picking up the other two because he did not have change. I got it for real cheap so not complaining about the size.

A

Anonymous

Second vortec is in and they are working in TSM. Lots of crud is being kicked up.

A

Anonymous

I know I need pics, but I added two acan's since the last batch. A red one on the 20th and a purple with green center yesterday. I have 8 milli frags comming in today from an on-line vendor. Once things get settled in I will take some pics.

Update: My frags arrived in good shape. The vendor included two bonus pieces. I got 10 frags to glue down tonight. Right now I got them floating in my sump.

A

Anonymous

Looks like I am boing to loose the birds nest. A week or so ago the tips started to loose tissue so I nipped the tips. It looked OK for a while but after a few days it started again so I nipped the tips again to try to get ahead of whatever is causing this. I have trimmed it 4 times now since it started and still can not get ahead of whatever it is. All the rest of the corals look great so it looks to be isolated to this piece.

A

Anonymous

Losing birdsnest? THat one has always been fairly bullet proof and weedlike with me, might want to check tank perimeters.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, that got me baffled too. I checked the tank this past weekend and nothing seems out of wack. I did a 10% water change so maybe that will help. It was at the convergence spot of both vortechs and the MJ1200. I moved it just incase it was a too much flow issue. It looked OK this morning with no new tissue loss.

A

Anonymous

It seems to be liking the new spot. I have not noticed any further tissues losses since I moved it. It now resides on the same rock as the green slimer, just behind it.

A

Anonymous

New critters for today. A clam, fairy wrasse and a red scooter.
clam-L.jpg

red%20skooter-L.jpg

fairy%20wrasse-L.jpg

I relocated a hitchhiker crab to the sump and captured the rusty angle since I caught it nipping at my acans. I am hoping to find a home for the angle before I have to dump it in the sump and recapture.

I got a few milli frags, will post pics once they color back up. They faded when they were shipped.

A

Anonymous

The pet store I got the Rusty from will take it back for store credit. They need to do a 72 hour hold to make sure it is not sick before I get the credit, but I am cool with that. I am going to run it to the store after work.

A

Anonymous

Fish gone. After two days of being out the tank things are already starting to recover.

A

Anonymous

The birds nest is looking much better. Not sure what of the following three things made a difference. I removed the nippy rusty angle, placed the coral higher in the tank so it gets more light and flow, and started feeding a little bit more.

A

Anonymous

Tanks is going on a diet. I was on vacation for a week and had set up some meals for the zoo sitter. I over estimated the portion size so I got a bit of hair algae to deal with. Corals are all still ok.

A

Anonymous

Looks like I lost the ruby, bummer. Got two ocellaris clownfish and a few snails on Sunday. Got a branching hammer and torch yesterday. Need to post a few picks of the critters.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: