jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The Petco sale didnt really include the cubes. I tried. Last year they forgot to include the fine print in their ads regarding only regular tanks included and a lot of people did well if they were persistent. This year they smartened up and the fine print was on the ad.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Ron..I bought the cube itself at the sale in 2006 and it sat here for months before I did anything at all with it.
As noted by Jetjon, this year they got smart and excluded them. As it was when I purchased it I went to 3 stores before one would agree that they could be sold at the sale price. Nice part was the tank included the glass tops and the electronic ballast fixture. I use the fixture over one of my sumps.
Auto...the stand that matches the cube was way too small to accomodate the sump/fuge I'd planned, so I had to get creative. I like that I can hide all of my equipment inside and with the door on the side of the stand I can get the sump out if I ever need to. :)

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
great tank kathy!

i, too, have a 33g cube (cherrywood?) from oceanic that i got during the $1/gallon sale. unlike yours, mine is still sitting here empty. :(

roncgizmo

Thats Mr. Clown to you!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ron..I bought the cube itself at the sale in 2006 and it sat here for months before I did anything at all with it.
As noted by Jetjon, this year they got smart and excluded them. As it was when I purchased it I went to 3 stores before one would agree that they could be sold at the sale price. Nice part was the tank included the glass tops and the electronic ballast fixture. I use the fixture over one of my sumps.
Auto...the stand that matches the cube was way too small to accomodate the sump/fuge I'd planned, so I had to get creative. I like that I can hide all of my equipment inside and with the door on the side of the stand I can get the sump out if I ever need to. :)

Nice! I'm glad to see at least a few got the deal on the cube tanks...I'll keep my eyes open just in case someone at petco rushes the proof read on the ad again...

You do some great DIY work...keep it up :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Once again thanks for the kind words :)
Froggie..just as soon as I clean my glass I'll get a FTS up.

Some awful shots of some sweet pieces I've picked up recently.
Took a trip over to NJ today and met up with 2 MReefers and stopped by Aquatic Obsessions since Will always has fun stuff. Again he didn't let me down..thxs Will! ;)

From AO..this Yuma is going to be a beauty when she grows up!!
The Yumas behind it are from Daceman. He brought me them at the swap :hug:
Pls excuse the dirty glass, can't reach that corner unless I remove the canopy..
PC210008.jpg

The green ric with the lighter green section (in the front-ish of the pic) also came from AO. There was some debate but I think it will retain the light green stripe.
PC210014.jpg

Did a trade with Psychographic today for this yuma..woo-hoo.. pretty! The orange ric to the right also came from him :)
The blue-ish Rainbow Ric to the rear was through the GB that Domboski started a couple of weeks ago. Thanks Dom, it was good to finally meet you today!!
PC210026.jpg

2 rainbow rics I got this week at a LFS store on the Island. The shipment had just come in. Lucky me !!
PC190101.jpg

Just a couple of other pics...
PC190018.jpg

PC210039.jpg

I got this yuma from Nacl-H2o...need to find the right spot for it!! Pic was taken in my sump.
PC110136.jpg

Thanks for looking !
I'll get more pics up soon :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I actually took some better pics (IMO anyway..lol)
Have a few more pieces to get up & out of the sump..so a FTS in the next few days when I'm done with that..but in the meantime..
took these with my Olympus 790 Underwater camera :)

PC240022.jpg

Yes Aaron..the male is fine..he was busy eating when I took the pic.. :)
PC240030.jpg

Can you have too many rics?
PC240025.jpg

Merry Christmas :)

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Took a trip over to NJ today and met up with 2 MReefers and stopped by Aquatic Obsessions since Will always has fun stuff. Again he didn't let me down..thxs Will! ;)

hope you found your way around NJ a lil easier this time :tongue1:

can we get some shots of the sump/refugium, i do love all the corals but i'm an equipment junkie :spin:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Been a while, some things have changed, will get into that on another post...basic news is my Cube is the home of my RBTA now, exclusively..my plan is to add 2 more corals (the fish are still there)...

Here is my RBTA with one of his Clown friends..he has grown SO much, currently he's about 12" across...I've had him around a year I guess.
IMG_3914.jpg

Today I went to WWoF to pick up this beautiful piece, I am in awe...
(the RBTA was already tucked into his rock in this pic, will update when he is fully out)

IMG_3885trimmed.jpg

He came with his very own Anenome Crab :spin:
IMG_3868.jpg

At the moment he is stilling sideways in the tank, I'm sure he'll find a happy place of his own soon enough (hence the reason for removing all of my other corals from this tank...)
IMG_3869trimmed.jpg

This guy is going to be massive!

My plan is to add a 3rd one..in green :)

I'd like to thank Steve at Wonderful World of Fish for getting in such beautiful corals and for the great conversation! I really enjoyed my trip there this afternoon..when I was supposed to be working...lol

Thanks for looking!!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Wow, time for a little update.
Thanks for all of the compliments on the rics..but they haven't been in this tank since the RBTA decided to wander around a long while back.

I did follow through with my plan to add a green anomone to live with the RBTA & the purple one. The only other coral is a gorgonian that lives in the corner of the tank and a HUGE chicken liver sponge (it's purple) that takes up an area on the sand about 6 x 8 inches. Will post a pic when I get around to cleaning the glass down there...
The fish are all still the same and are fat & happy :)

A few pics..and I will await the post from the tang police..lol
IMG_7369trimmed.jpg

This guy is about 16" across when fully open
IMG_7382Trimmed.jpg

..and yes, the tang...looks pretty happy to me and had lives his first 3-4 years in a tank that was only slightly larger than this one...
IMG_7387.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: