KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Got a slightly better pic of the male flame..his eye has healed up nicely from the trip through the plumbing system...

Great to see him & the female swim around the tank together after lights out when all is peaceful in there..nice pair!

IMG_7482T.jpg

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks! You are the 2nd or 3rd person to say that..lol I can't imagine why folks would think I don't have a tank :eek:
btw...I have 3 SW tanks :spin:

hmmm...seems I haven't gotten around to posting on my own tank thread in quite some time again..ummm...June of 2009 was the last time? :redface: yikes..lol

...and I still do have 3 SW tanks..and the 2 FW and the pond.

..and I wouldn't be posting on it tonight but I found my camera today and the battery wasn't dead, and Peter (if you're not familiar with Peter, you will be shortly...) was dancing around in the tank, doing backflips to get my attention...so I shot about 400 pics of the fish (cause I couldn't find the tripod to do FTS's) and these were decent enough to post...

My absolute favorite fish...this is Peter commonly called a Yellowtail Coris (Coris gaimard) ...he is about 8" long and near 1" thick and loaded with personality. He continues to keep me on my toes and has never stopped rolling things around in the tank. Don't even think of getting a fish like this is you have a clam, or a frag rack or anything else in your tank that is not permanently attached..he will find it & move it for you!

I give him rock rubble to roll around the tank and he happily picks pods off the rubble..and eats a fierce amount of food on top of that!
IMG_9547.jpg

IMG_9635Trimmed.jpg

This is my newest addition a Melanarus (Halichoeres melanarus)..who I named Mel...that was easy! :)
IMG_9613.jpg

IMG_9542.jpg

And a fairly new Green Coris Wrasse (Halichoeres chloropterus) , no name for this guy yet..he is a little shy, so I couldn't get a decent pic of him.
GreenCorisTrimmed.jpg

This is one of Sanjays first spawns of Photon Clowns that I got from James :hug:. She loves this anemone and it has been desperately attempting to get my baby clown (one of Todd's from Atlantis)to play house in there, but so far to no avail...the little clown is still hosting...the Vortech :sigh:
IMG_9629T.jpg

..and my Checkerboard Wrasse (Halichoeress hortulanus), who will hopefully honor the fact that Peter is in charge of the tank as he grows..they can get big in the wild, but I'm banking on him not getting larger than maybe 6" as most captives I have seen.
IMG_9645.jpg

I still have my Royal Gramma (my 1st SW fish :)), Purple Tang (Freckles), and my Red Sea Cleaner Wrasse who is a cow.

I lost my Blue Spot Jawfish about 2 months ago after having him for a number of years ( I think I got him in 2007, would need to check the thread to see the date...), so i decided it was time to add a couple of new faces to the tank.

One of these days I will take some tank pics :)
Thanks for looking!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: