KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
very nice kathy, i think this is the first time i seen your tank thread

lol Rick, did you think I was just hanging out here for the fun if it? Thanks :)

Andy..did you take a nap between those posts? You ought to know, you're responsible for a few of those pretty rics ;) Loved your tank, can't say that enough!

Bren..oh nevermind..:hug:

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
..and a FTS
IMG_6991a.jpg

Thanks for looking!
wow your tank looks WONDERFUL!!!!! where are the fishes :scratchch

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
lol..I see you dug out my tank thread Aaron..thank you for the kind words :)

The fish are there..somewhere..lol I see 2 in the pic..my Purple Tang "Freckles' and my Blue spotted Jawfish..the others that must be in the rocks are...hmmm..a Dusky Wrasse, a female Flame wrasse, a Red Sea Cleaner wrasse, a Blue Pencil wrasse...I see a pattern here... a pink spot goby, a Cryptic wrasse, a Royal Gramma...hmmm...of course my yellow tail Coris wrasse Peter..and my male Flame wrasse..must have taken the pic in the early morning before everyone got up? ...I know I am forgetting somebody..and there are 2 cleaner shrimp, a Harley ,one peppermint shrimp and Crusty my Blood Shrimp :)

enough? :)
I'm sure they are all pictured on the thread somewhere! I should dig out some newer pics.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
well Aaron digging out my tank thread was helpful..was just about to post on it.

I was sitting here earlier (supposedly working...) and the BlueSpot Jawfish was in the corner of the tank right next to my desk. Peter - the yellow tail coris - was impatiently waiting for dinner and circling above the head of the JF staring at me, and the Jawfish moved suddenly and Peter got startled and looked like he wanted to take a bite out of him.
That backfired.

I am clueless what actually happened to the anatomy of the Coris's mouth but it is definitely not right now. I don't know if he popped his jaw out of whack or broke it, or strained it or what..but it isn't good whatever happened...
I immediately dropped some food in the tank hoping to see 2 things - 1 -if he could eat 2- if maybe it would pop back into place.
Good thing was - yes he can eat (yippee!!)
But it only closed slightly more. Hoping that resting overnight helps:eek:

Anyway - this is what it looked like afterwards, I can only think about Jerry Lewis in the movies he did in the 60' s(that is the 1960's for you young people...lol) Anyone familiar with those will agree, he is the spitting image of him, I just might have to change his name...

IMG_7248trimmed.jpg

IMG_7243trimmed.jpg

Bet ya didn't know they had such impressive teeth! ;)

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Kathy is that the toadstool from me in the center? If so that sucker got huge!

Yup, it sure is :)... and that is one of it's 'kids' behind it and I still have about 6 other frags of it. Going to bring a few to the swap. You, of course, are welcome to one or more if you want. I pass out frags of that like they are candy. It had actually gotten a LOT bigger to the point that it self fragged the outside ring of the 'stool' part (? lol) by itself from the sheer weight of it. It healed up very nicely :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Couple of more pics..my recently added female Flame Wrasse - thank you very much Justin! Piece of cake getting this little girl home..one day I will tell that story ;)

She is a sweeite and was not afraid to take food out of my hand from the first week she was in the tank.
IMG_7133.jpg

These are the 2 that got into it tonight with the yellow tail coris being the loser :(
_MG_7165.jpg

My normal view of the tank when I'm working from home..lucky me :)
IMG_7106.jpg

Thanks for looking..will try and post some more pics soon..

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks guys :)

Good news! The Yellow Tail coris's mouth has returned to normal -- yippee, no more Jerry Lewis fish and he can retain his fitting name of Pita :)

..and forgot, I also have a fat Mandarin in this tank too..oops.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Another quickie update...back in the beginning of April I'd added a female Flame Wrasse to the tank. I already had a beautiful male but he'd been stuck in the overflow for probably a good 4 months (if not more...) prior to that point.
I have gutter guard around my overflows to prevent the fish from getting in there but for whatever reason one day I'd noticed the female was missing - she is ALWAYS top front of the tank..
Didn't find her in the overflow (though the male was still in there), but did find her in the filter sock (eek!), she didn't look too good when I took her out, but she not only bounced back quickly, she started to hang around the overflow as she must have noticed the male when she passed through there..lol

Anyway, this past week I dropped some food in the overflow one morning before work (for the male) and took a second to use my mirror (the only way I had to check on him) to see how he was doing and I couldn't find him. Took a peek in the sump and there he was! After 6 months of listening to that stupid drain pipe (I'd taken the durso off hoping he'd pass down through the pipes since I couldn't catch him)..and poof, he'd taken the wild ride :) I didn't have enough time to fish him out before work, so I covered the top of the sump with netting to be sure he would still be there that night.

I netted him out of the sump after lights out and put him back in the DT and then moved a few bigger corals and some rocks around to lessen any potential aggression his sudden appearance might cause. (actually I was hoping the other fish would think he was the female and leave him alone..)

All is well now, one of his eyes is a little irritated but hopefully that will clear in time.

Here's a crappy pic of him & her (she flashes at him constantly :flirt:) Wish I could be home more often to watch the 2 of them sailing around in the tank...a truly beautiful sight :)
IMG_7445trimmed.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: